Wanted - Solid axle swap

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Im in tampa florida and i have a 2001 cobra with 3.73 gears. looking to swap for a solid axle. 99-04 gt or 03-04 mach 1. rearend was just rebuilt by ford and 1 half shaft was replaced. perfect working order. let me know if interested

thanks, Ryan

iMTB

Established Member
I'm in central florida. I have a freshly rebuilt solid with 4.10s. I don't have the money to do the swap right now though unless you can get a really good deal on the install somewhere.

727Cobra

Established Member
Ryan it won't help you.. You'll still be slow haha.. but seriously, I am having mine done tomorrow and the shop cost is around $300-350. He's in Clearwater here, near Tampa, but it could be done in a day. iMTB, if you are interested send me a PM/email since you don't have enough posts, and I'll get you more info.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
We would do the swap at my friends house who has already done 2 swaps. He knows what he is doing and it would take about a day to do. iMTB if your interested Pm me

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
I have entertained this idea, as I'm more of a road course guy rather then drag racing.
I'm over in the Daytona area.

My girlfriends mom lives in ormond beach. Im going over there in the end of april for a week if your interested in doing the swap and have a place to do it..

-Ryan

Mike@TCI

Established Member
My only concern with the IRS is having clunking noise or slop in the rear. I really am not too concerned with the added weight.

727Cobra

Established Member
The only issue you may incur is that it vibrates after 40 Mph from going IRS in your stang.. The guy who traded mine bought the MM kit to adjust the pinion angle, and it fixed it immediately. Everything else is perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread