wanting to buy upgrades.coils and bbk twin blade.

90lxfox5.0

Established Member
As the title says,was thinking about getting a few things for the termi.I have a whipple with 15psi i make 520 on a hot blower 540 on a iced blower.Would i see any hp gain with coils and t body?
Also was thiniing about either the coils from rpm outlet or msd coils.what does everyone perfer.And i dont want to change my blower plenium so its a twin blade or nothing.Right now i have a stock is the bbk a good gain?

car has
whipple
65lbs injectors
twin super pumps
boost a pump
14psi with stock lower pulley
jlt fendermount air filter
ba3000 sct mass
pypes xpipe no cats
dyno max mufflers with dumps
solid axle 3.73 gears
subframes
billet steel flywheel
big clutch
head mod
180 t stat
planning on going to 20psi real soon.

SlowSVT

Established Member
High output ignitions rarely adds horsepower. They will usually make the engine more responsive off idle but other then that you won't notice any difference over the stock coils. The nicest COP's I've seen for the 4V engine is the Weapon-X units. Very high quality and well designed.

A single blade TB is only worth about 10 hp over the stocker. If you were to get a TB the Billetflow is the best one out there.

I don't see any cooling mods on your sig. That would be a better place to spend your money and you won't have to retune. Just a suggestion

Spade

Established Member
Like the above stated, go cooling mods first. You can not have enough of them.

Spade

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
I have heard nothing but good thing about Weapon X coils and might buy some myself eventually and pay for some dyno time to see what kind of gains (if any) they are worth. As noted above more cooling mods is never a bad thing! A heat exchanger or race radiator is a good investment if you're going to up the boost to 20 psi soon I think...or both like me : ) Texas summers are no joke! Like slowsvt said the tb won't show great gains but I think it's worth it. I got really good throttle response from mine as well as the plenum. Good luck...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread