Warning: The Golden Compass movie

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
If you are a Christian parent, be cautious about allowing your child to see "The Golden Compass" to beginning showing in December at movie theatres across the country.

The stories are very anti-Christian and directly targeted your children to convince them that God is evil and weak. Here is a link to an article, and verifable through other sources.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=26849

This man is profiting off of his desire to destroy Christianity in the minds of children.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
If a movie is enough to sway a child from his/her beliefs, then I believe you've failed as a parent.

Last edited:

King$nake

Banned
I'm a born again Christian and I have actually heard a presentation from a Christian Group about this movie. The truth is, Children are not going to care what the Movie is implying. There is far worst out there that we should be worried about for Children then this movie.

Not to mention all the Christians that are "boycotting" this movie are giving all Christians a bad name, and I really don't think this is the right approach to this situation. They look like fools boycotting a childrens movie. However I have never seen it and am just going off of what I know about it so far.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If you are a Christian parent, be cautious about allowing your child to see "The Golden Compass" to beginning showing in December at movie theatres across the country.

The stories are very anti-Christian and directly targeted your children to convince them that God is evil and weak. Here is a link to an article, and verifable through other sources.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=26849

This man is profiting off of his desire to destroy Christianity in the minds of children.

sweet, sounds like a movie i will go see!

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
If a movie is enough to sway a child from his/her beliefs, than I believe you've failed as a parent.

Parents who do not take an interest in those things that can have potentially negative effects are failing their children.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I'm a born again Christian and I have actually heard a presentation from a Christian Group about this movie. The truth is, Children are not going to care what the Movie is implying. There is far worst out there that we should be worried about for Children then this movie.

Not to mention all the Christians that are "boycotting" this movie are giving all Christians a bad name, and I really don't think this is the right approach to this situation. They look like fools boycotting a childrens movie. However I have never seen it and am just going off of what I know about it so far.

I understand your perspective, but as a Christian do you think that its appropriate to support a movie that has an intended affect to turn children against Christianity? This is the author's own words. He is belittling and insulting your Lord and Savior and the gracious gift of salvation He gave us all as Christians. I'm not busting your chops here, King$nake. I'm attempting to make a point and you can take it as you will.

Its not giving Christians a bad name to take a stand for God, because it was He who took the cross for you.

I'm not going to boycott it. I'm simply not going to go to see it nor would I allow my child to see it. I will not put one dime into the pocket of the person. He will not profit from me for slandering my God.

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
If a movie is enough to sway a child from his/her beliefs, than I believe you've failed as a parent.

Not neccessarily (sp?). You, as well as everyone else knows children are easily impressionable. If you want your child to grow up believing in christ, why would you let your child see a movie such as this this is conveying the type of message about god that it is?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I got that crap in a chain email the other day. The only thing it made me do was look up the trailer on IMDB and it looks pretty cool so I will probably watch it. Thanks Christians for the heads up.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Its not giving Christians a bad name to take a stand for God, because it was He who took the cross for you.

I'm not going to boycott it. I'm simply not going to go to see it nor would I allow my child to see it. I will not put one dime into the pocket of the person.

actually it was Christ that was nailed to the cross...not god

good for you for sticking to your beliefs but c'mon man it's just a work of fiction

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
actually it was Christ that was nailed to the cross...not god

good for you for sticking to your beliefs but c'mon man it's just a work of fiction

You do realize that the basis of Christianity is the belief of who Jesus was, right? Christ was God Incarnate. No one could remove the sin debt from mankind except for God himself. When man nailed Jesus to the cross, they were executing their Creator so that they may be saved from the curse. Of course, the grave could not hold the Almighty God. Before the cross, the Jews used animal sacrifice with strict guidelines that the young male ram be as perfect as a pure as could be found. It was John the Baptist that said, "Behold the Lamb of God..." Those who lived before Christ were saved by faith in what God wanted as an appeasement for sin. It was the temporary stand-in. Jesus has become the everlasting sacrifice for sin. Its gone. No more...and it comes simply by admission of sin, our need for God's intervention through Christ and the believe; the faith that God has accomplished what He proclaims. That's it.

That's what the Bible is mostly about. It's bringing about the promise of salvation through God. In the OT, God says that He alone is the Savior. All the many prophecies aligned in the physical manifestation of Jesus. God placed himself in the womb of Mary. He laid aside his crown for us and while Jesus has taken His place in Heaven with God the Father, He left with us the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit who is our comforter and reassures us always of our good standing with God. When you become a Christian, you shed the old person. The Bible says that we immediately become a temple unto God.

Last edited:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I would say that its very difficult for the youthful adult to understand Christianity in a sense when they have not been told of it from their earlier years. At the very time that you are striving for independence from childhood, Christianity seems like a step backwards to some, I'm sure. The Bible tells us that we are to come to God as little children and when we are struggling for our adulthood, we do not wish to go back to that childhood.

When we come to God, we are given the privilege to lay our burdens upon Him. Jesus reflects the same message. God is both Father, Son and Holy Spirit to the Christian. As Holy Father, we are his children. He cares for us and loves us enough to sacrifice Himself. I am myself a father. You cannot understand the love for your own child until you behold that child and hold him or her. That baby looks up to you and needs you and loves you unconditionally and you are committed by every fiber of love in your being to that child. You would give up your life for him or her. Being a father is all about sacrifice and that is what happened on the cross. Your father died for you so that you would not have to suffer the eternal suffering.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
You do realize that the basis of Christianity is the belief of who Jesus was, right? Christ was God Incarnate. No one could remove the sin debt from mankind except for God himself. When man nailed Jesus to the cross, they were executing their Creator so that they may be saved from the curse. Of course, the grave could not hold the Almighty God. Before the cross, the Jews used animal sacrifice with strict guidelines that the young male ram be as perfect as a pure as could be found. It was John the Baptist that said, "Behold the Lamb of God..." Those who lived before Christ were saved by faith in what God wanted as an appeasement for sin. It was the temporary stand-in. Jesus has become the everlasting sacrifice for sin. Its gone. No more...and it comes simply by admission of sin, our need for God's intervention through Christ and the believe; the faith that God has accomplished what He proclaims. That's it.

That's what the Bible is mostly about. It's bringing about the promise of salvation through God. In the OT, God says that He alone is the Savior. All the many prophecies aligned in the physical manifestation of Jesus. God placed himself in the womb of Mary. He laid aside his crown for us and while Jesus has taken His place in Heaven with God the Father, He left with us the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit who is our comforter and reassures us always of our good standing with God. When you become a Christian, you shed the old person. The Bible says that we immediately become a temple unto God.

I am aware that Christ was the supposed son of god....i do not subscribe to Christ and God as being one in the same

you sound like a protestant...i was Roman Catholic up until i learned to think for myself, now i don't subscibe to any religion per se`

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Yes, I am a Protestant with Baptist roots. However, while I was raised in a Christian home, I was not a child that was forced to take upon myself the burdens of deeper understanding of what being a Christian was about at a very young age. I went to Sunday School and Church (not every week and most certainly not every Wednesday night and Sunday night), but I did feel connected to God and I felt that I grew spiritually. I wanted to learn more and understand Him. I began to read more and at the age of 12, my heart was ready and I felt that I understood that I needed Christ as my Savior. I'm 35 now and I still have that conviction upon heart. I cannot say that at times that I do not have doubts of why this is so or why is this happening, but I simply cannot doubt that God is with me always, because of my faith in Christ and that only time reveals more to me that I did not know previously in patience and trust.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Boycotting it will only make more people see it, to see the what the controversy is about. This will in turn increase the spread of its message, whatever that may be.

That said, anyone ever watch Happy Feet? I only watched about 30 min of it on HBO before I had to turn it off. It was propaganda so thinly disguised it wasn't even thought-provoking. I don't know what the message was supposed to be, but it made me feel like I was reading The Scarlet Letter or something.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I am aware that Christ was the supposed son of god....i do not subscribe to Christ and God as being one in the same

you sound like a protestant...i was Roman Catholic up until i learned to think for myself, now i don't subscibe to any religion per se`
so you modify the word to support your own thoughts? im not saying your wrong and im right or traveler is right, but that just seems, slightly sacrilegious or something.

Users who are viewing this thread