Warranty paint question...has this happened to you?

stang910

Established Member
It's hard to tell from pics, but it looks like solvent pop. See how the edge of the fender has a clear build up on it? From the pics it looks like that whole edge has a run on it. Doesn't look like an OEM finish to me, it's probably been repainted. Either way if you purchased it new you should be able to get it fixed.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
neglect. :lol:

My car stays dirty for at least a week or so at a time. I've yet to notice any spots like this on mine.

Electrokid

Established Member
I had paint issues as well, but that would only show up under certain light conditions. I took it to my dealership and they said that they couldn't see anything, talked to Ford Customer Service, provided them with pictures, and they called the dealership directly and spoke with them.
Re-scheduled an appointment with the dealership, and they finally saw the defect I was talking about, but since it was only apparent in certain lighting conditions, I chose not to have my hood re-painted for fear of it not blending properly with the rest of the car.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shownshine-saloon-190/853709-dark-blotches-hood.html

c. love

Established Member
that's for sure neglect--on the painters side. either contaminants on the surface before the paint was laid or solvent pop like someone mentioned

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
It's 100% solvent pop from a sag in the clear/ paint process that's fords prob tell them to fix that shit

5PNTSLO

Established Member
I just took my car to the dealer today for the mentioned tiny white dots, mine are on the backside or the trunk and rear bumper. The manager told me it looks like a outside containment, told me I should try having it buffed first, I almost lost it. She then tells me she thinks its been repainted which I know it hasn't, long story short I left with no answers and waiting on a phone call to let me know what ford says

Users who are viewing this thread