warranty question

2003sonicblue

Established Member
i have an 03 coupe with 20k on it. something is rattling in the bellhousing at idle and low rpms(at least thats only when i can hear it) My car has an O/R h-pipe and cold air kit. do you think ford will still warranty it or send me on my way? any ideas on what i can do. i live in oklahoma city. does anyone know any ford techs in the area? please help me. thank you
ryan

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
did ya check to see if the new hpipe is loose and might be causing the rattling? :shrug:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
If that's the only mods you have, you MAY get away with it. But I wouldn't even take the chance. For the hours work it would take, throw the factory H pipe back on it and take it it. Technically, the CAI can cause you grief....but I don't think I've ever heard of a warranty claim being denied because of it. If in doubt, install the factory box too.

StreetSnake

Established Member
I also have an 03 Sonic with 22 Gs on the speedo and my rattle was from the cheap ass sleeve they put on these T56s The Throw out bearing rides on the sleeve, There is a TSB out on it, unfortunately mine was 2 months out of warranty when it let loose, You should get it checked out asap. :beer:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
...For the hours work it would take, throw the factory H pipe back on it and take it in.
That's your best bet right there. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you have an O/R H-pipe (no cats) I wouldn't risk it, but that's JMO. Running without cats is not only illegal, but frowned upon by dealers. So I definitely agree with FireRed04Vert that you should just throw the stock H-pipe back on and take it in.

Users who are viewing this thread