Warranty work, Steeda CB and K&N

sloopjonb

Established Member
Just wanted to report that one year after I bought this monster, I'm beginning to feel satisfied. Five trips to the dealer: diff, axles and driveshaft replaced twice, drivetrain totally indexed once, left head just replaced, "new" driveshaft just put in and finally, FINALLY, no vibration and no tick. The engine sounds like a whole new motor, not just the absence of a tick, but the whole valve train seems quieter. And no 82 mph vibration - smooth. Amazing. I never thought it would happen

Then came the Steeda catback, installed by the dealer. Now THAT is a NICE sound!!! No drone, and WOT is thunderous. Then the K&N Aircharger. Gee, the tires are breakin' loose halfway thru SECOND gear!

This is pure fun! Now if I just had a decent paint job...

Sloop

oldmodman

Established Member
Thats good to hear, glad that the car is working the way you knew it would!
Did your Borla come with the original inner-outer type tips or the newer stinger style one piece rolled tips?

sloopjonb

Established Member
Originally posted by oldmodman
Thats good to hear, glad that the car is working the way you knew it would!
Did your Borla come with the original inner-outer type tips or the newer stinger style one piece rolled tips?
I guess the inner-outer type - I know they aren't rolled tips. I'll tell you though, they have a nice subtle look of authority, and the sound removes any doubt. It is music to my ears - just what I was looking for. ...and the smooth sound of Borla is now matched with a smooth drivetrain above 80. Very nice. It didn't seem like so much to ask...

Users who are viewing this thread