Was about to drop a deposit but.......

R1Lello

Established Member
Waiting for more dealer info. Called my local dealer here (Ontario Canada), and he tells me he has six deposits already as they are pre-selling them and he wants $2500 per car as a deposit. I asked him what he heard the price was going to be, I'm not informing him of any website/internet info yet, and he says" we're estimating $60-$65,000". I said 'what!!!!!??? How do you get that when Ford themselves are saying under $40K u.s. which is approx $48K canadian. His response...........'well we're hoping that too'

Bottom line, any of them will not sell a penny over retail (msrp) and if the price release is higher than anticipated, money will be refunded. I will call a few more SVT dealers before I drop.

Don't know why but there were plenty of 04's a while back and late into the year and dealers were heavily discounted them, yet on many forums, it sounds like the u.s. dealers want the additional markup for SVT products. Go figure...........

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
R1Lello said:
Waiting for more dealer info. Called my local dealer here (Ontario Canada), and he tells me he has six deposits already as they are pre-selling them and he wants $2500 per car as a deposit. I asked him what he heard the price was going to be, I'm not informing him of any website/internet info yet, and he says" we're estimating $60-$65,000". I said 'what!!!!!??? How do you get that when Ford themselves are saying under $40K u.s. which is approx $48K canadian. His response...........'well we're hoping that too'

Bottom line, any of them will not sell a penny over retail (msrp) and if the price release is higher than anticipated, money will be refunded. I will call a few more SVT dealers before I drop.

Don't know why but there were plenty of 04's a while back and late into the year and dealers were heavily discounted them, yet on many forums, it sounds like the u.s. dealers want the additional markup for SVT products. Go figure...........

well the 03/04 production numbers were higher than the new cobra is supposed to be. This is also the first cobra of the new platform- so its a gotta have for many. The dealers will rape the public for the first few months maybe even the first year, but after that the prices will come back down to around msrp.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
dealers know nothing other then what the Internet says. There is absolutely no 'inside information' from Ford. I'm not sure If I would bother.

killer b

where its cold and crappy 90% of the time
The way I see it, is the dealers will try to mark up the shelbys as much as they will get away with. From a purely business standpoint, why wouldn't they? Wouldn't it be stupid of them to sell them at msrp if they can sell every one they get for more?? Alot of people said the dealers made a killing off of the GT "market adjustments", but I can't say I've seen any available anywhere. So, until the shelbys are sitting around like the v6s do every year, I would expect a hefty markup at first(depending on where you live) with a lucky few getting one at msrp. To most dealers, their attitude is "money talks, b.s. walks" I would rather not pay a "market adjustment" and let the suckers that do work out the bugs for me....keep in mind, it may say Shelby, but its still a Ford.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
:dw: $2500 deposit :dw:

The dealer were I have my deposit only required $200 deposit. I am #5 on the list

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I have no deposit, 1st on the list. Owner told me to drop a deposit on the 1st day that ordering begins. No reputable dealer would ask for $2500 when you can't even order the car. A couple of hundred is one thing. I would look for another svt dealer. My .02

Jpjr

Established Member
65k Canadian for a Cobra used to be cheap... if only people understood what tax cuts and spending a 100 trillion dollars of borrowed money can do to the american dollar. its actually helarious that we are blaming the arabs overseas for high gas prices, car prices, and air fares. that's the american way..!!

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
KevinB120 said:
dealers know nothing other then what the Internet says. There is absolutely no 'inside information' from Ford. I'm not sure If I would bother.

yup...

killrSVT

Established Member
Jpjr said:
65k Canadian for a Cobra used to be cheap... if only people understood what tax cuts and spending a 100 trillion dollars of borrowed money can do to the american dollar. its actually helarious that we are blaming the arabs overseas for high gas prices, car prices, and air fares. that's the american way..!!

Where did that come from.. 65K was considered cheap? WOW.. ..If those Arabs charge more than $40K for the new Cobra I'm gonna be :mj:

Anyways.. on a serious note.. I wouldn't pay anymore than $40K for the new Cobra.. let alone $2500 deposit before it is even out.. Just not that impressed with it. If I was going to spend more than $40K on a car it would be a C6.... especially when you can get a C6 for about $45K.. just a better car all around.. of course I am speculating because the new Cobra isn't out yet.

Last edited:

gud2goe

Established Member
where are you guys placing orders at? i contacted my dealers here locally and they are not taking orders saying it is too soon!!! :cuss: :shrug: :cuss:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
No dealer can take an order. The car won't be orderable until around the fall-winter. Some of us are on "dealer order lists" that dealers are informally arranging so that when the time comes to order, you have a "place in line". Most dealers who are doing this do not require a deposit (nor should they).

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Waiting list??? The car hasn't even been produced yet. Who's to say the dealer will even honor that waiting list??? Bottom line is who ever is willing to pay the most money for the car will get it first, waiting list or no list. Because this car has the Shelby name on it you can bet that it will be marked up the wazoo when it does finally hit the showrooms. Any one who pays over MSRP for this car is crazy. Yes it's an awesome machine and a Shelby but is it worth over 40K, I don't think so!!!!

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I agree that anyone taking money now .. I just don't know, sounds goofy to put $2500 clams down now. When I ordered my 03 vert I put down $500 & that was a hot lil item at the time too if we all remember.

I don't believe $65K for a minute, but if I was going to drop that amount of change, sorry but I'd be putting a deposit on a new Z06.

At $45K +/- a couple I'm in for a vert in a heartbeat, but I won't put money down til the Detroit show shows me the real deal.

R1Lello

Established Member
Daffy said:
I agree that anyone taking money now .. I just don't know, sounds goofy to put $2500 clams down now. When I ordered my 03 vert I put down $500 & that was a hot lil item at the time too if we all remember.

I don't believe $65K for a minute, but if I was going to drop that amount of change, sorry but I'd be putting a deposit on a new Z06.

At $45K +/- a couple I'm in for a vert in a heartbeat, but I won't put money down til the Detroit show shows me the real deal.

:D

Yup...........that's what I'm doing............Detroit in January, here Í come.......... then we'll see

RIXSVT

Established Member
Go to Erinwood ford in mississauga and talk to shane. He is only taking $500 for a deposit. Tell him RIXSVT sent you.

R1Lello

Established Member
RIXSVT said:
Go to Erinwood ford in mississauga and talk to shane. He is only taking $500 for a deposit. Tell him RIXSVT sent you.

I may do that, I live 30 seconds away from Erinwood/Miss Auto mall. At what price by the way msrp??? Thanks for the tip

Users who are viewing this thread