Was there a freeze in Orlando .......

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Because I was skating all over the place!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geJj8qiHqpE&feature=channel]YouTube - Rick 10.65[/ame]

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Thats because I drove the hell out of it and in the past I kind of slow rolled it.:burnout:
Normally I dont have the ET streets and only use drag radials. Easy off the clutch and granny shift into high 11 bliss.
This time I launched a little harder at say 4000 rpm, and did spin but the car is rarely driven like that so a good time was to be expected.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thats because I drove the hell out of it and in the past I kind of slow rolled it.:burnout:
Normally I dont have the ET streets and only use drag radials. Easy off the clutch and granny shift into high 11 bliss.
This time I launched a little harder at say 4000 rpm, and did spin but the car is rarely driven like that so a good time was to be expected.

Yea but it is some much more fun to drive the hell out of it!!!:burnout:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
No video of the GTO?? I never got to see him run.

Ronnie ran a best of 11.9@129.
He bogs bad off the line but once the turbo spools it rolls out.
He ordered some type of electronics(2 step?) in order to build bosst off the line.
I check my video guy and see if he got some tape of Ronnie.

Jon98Stang

Established Member
He ordered some type of electronics(2 step?) in order to build bosst off the line.

That's not all.. :p He's coming after the race car

BlownAway05

Established Member
I had a new PB that day as well, 11.57 @ 120. I ran against Ronnie's GTO on his 11.9 pass, I believe I ran an 11.74 @ 121. I knew it would be a race of him chasing me down, I'm just glad I got out the hole quick enough to cover his top end monster.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

What race car??

I had a new PB that day as well, 11.57 @ 120. I ran against Ronnie's GTO on his 11.9 pass, I believe I ran an 11.74 @ 121. I knew it would be a race of him chasing me down, I'm just glad I got out the hole quick enough to cover his top end monster.

I watched you guys run. It was a great race.
With his new electronics he'll be able to build boost and be able to hole shot a lot better.

ya know i can remember when Bithlo didn't have to put out cones for special people...

I'm a little slow but what does that mean?

sweet88gt

Established Member

Ok, Do you know if he has any video of anyone elses runs?? I wouldnt mind seeing one of my runs if he has it. Doubt it because he wouldnt have known to tape my run.

geeteego

What???
Established Member
No video of the GTO?? I never got to see him run.

Was nothing to see, really.

Your car just plain amazes me, as does Rick's. It shows a simple, well-driven, well set-up combo. To date, that is the most fun I have had running my car. Our trip was the pass on the left:

tasagy.jpg

heheheheheh...

What race car??

I watched you guys run. It was a great race.
With his new electronics he'll be able to build boost and be able to hole shot a lot better.

You know, the one with the gutted interior and rollbar. :D :dw:

LMFAO...just kidding. I've started chucking parts to save weight, too. You just can't see it. Unfortunately, it's just to get back near where I started, since the motor, turbo, etc added 200#'s or so to the car. If I take the seat out, I get an airbag fault that can only be cleared at the dealer. As for the electronics, I'm still waiting. All the rear-mount turbo guys running 10's or 9's are autos. There is one 6-speed guy in the 10's, and he's running a 2-step. He looked at my slips and told me it's the recipe I need to break out of the 11's, along with some improvements in my driving.

My car wants to fire it's current driver after last night...although conditions were as bad as they could be for racing. 1200 DA with a strong headwind. 12.4@122 spinning the ENTIRE 1320. Lift, spin, lift, spin...
Bryce told me when I rolled in..."They haven't prepped the track at all. Just the hand deal for the first 60' and that's it." I knew nothing good was going to happen.

Last edited:

sweet88gt

Established Member
Wasn't directed at you in anyway. It was directed at the morons that stage with their back tires or think they need a person to guide them.

Nice runs though.

Thats funny!! I didnt know what the cones were for, just thought it something they do.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Last night was pretty bad, we had nothing going for us as far as temp, track prep, wind, & humidity. It was pretty dicey at the big end.

Ronnie, I saw that you got stuck out at the tree when that car before you broke down at the end of the night, how did that run go? I'm sure after your traction issues from earlier in the night, and them cleaning up whatever happened in your lane, left you feeling like only the hand of God could have given your car enough traction to feel safe.

geeteego

What???
Established Member
Last night was pretty bad, we had nothing going for us as far as temp, track prep, wind, & humidity. It was pretty dicey at the big end.

Ronnie, I saw that you got stuck out at the tree when that car before you broke down at the end of the night, how did that run go? I'm sure after your traction issues from earlier in the night, and them cleaning up whatever happened in your lane, left you feeling like only the hand of God could have given your car enough traction to feel safe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA I did say a couple Hail Mary's before I left.

I was talking with Randy and Cal (his son was the one blowing the tires off the Jr Dragster), and Randy was saying "I don't know WTF he put on the track, but it's not coming off."

I waited over an hour, (saw your brother in the stands...figured he was morbidly curious as to whether or not I was going to paint the wall red) and I was so worried about bending the car I babied it all the way down, and it still spun.

I was pissed about it, too. I had the major league John Force burnout going before they backed me off the start line. I was ready for some grip...LOL.

In other news, I'm buying a set of Bias-ply ET streets.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Wasn't directed at you in anyway. It was directed at the morons that stage with their back tires or think they need a person to guide them.
Nice runs though.

No problem. I didn't perceive that negatively at all.
Thanks for the compliment!

Thats funny!! I didnt know what the cones were for, just thought it something they do.

That makes 2 of us!

You want to talk about dicey.
Check out my scariest run from Funday Sunday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXlXwE5mtpE&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Rick 11.83[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread