Water/Methanol Injection Systems

03yellow

Established Member
It's been a while since anyone has dicussed water Methanol systems. Mostly it was put to rest.
In theory it sounds great for our overspun, heatsoaked eatons.
I know my car loves cold weather.
Dosent it just make since, that a light spray of water/meth would lower intake temps and increase HP?
Maybe not massive gains, but I know how my car runs on a cold day!
Has anyone with a Term. really tried it?

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
A Killer Chiller is a way better investment for cooling the charge temperatures. Plus, if the Killer Chiller goes out - it won't take out your engine. Use the search, it is ALL there - this has been discussed at great length more than a couple of times.

03yellow

Established Member
I've been here so long everything has been dicussed at great length. Lol
The chiller does a good job of cooling the blower and intake area but the air is hot where I live except for a (few months) . My car sucks 90+ degree air right down the intake 5 months out of the year.

In theory it's made for our cars. So was the procharger. Lol

Did anyone on here put one on a dyno it in hot air weather?

My car loves this colder weather.
Of , it likes the bottle i'n the summer too!

A Killer Chiller is a way better investment for cooling the charge temperatures. Plus, if the Killer Chiller goes out - it won't take out your engine. Use the search, it is ALL there - this has been discussed at great length more than a couple of times.

Last edited:

stal94gt

Established Member
i ran meth on my centri blown gt and had great results. the issue i have been hearing is spraying it pre blower threw the ic reduces atomising of the meth and puddles in the bottom of the intake. i imagine if the size of the shot was correctly sized it would dissipate better and work. im in the air about using it untill i get better info on it.

Digital

Established Member
Something with the intercooler on our blowers screws with meth systems. Also the manifold isn't ideal to drill new sprayers into because they seem to spray into the intercooler and again you have the same problem.
If you drilled and tapped the passages next to the injectors like on a direct nitrous setup you'd be money.

stal94gt

Established Member
tapping the lower manifold and running a multi small jet setup would probably help alot with even distrobution but would not allow for good atomising. running 100% meth with may help due to its high evap rate but your car will run pig rich when it sprays and tuning it in will make the car dependant on it.

90redcoupe

Established Member
I've seen a couple of GT500's drill the lower intake for post blower with a 4 nozzle setup and 1 pre nozzle, i think they were using the alkycontrol kit as well. I think this topic is a bit hit or miss because ppl have done it but u just don't here about it, but i would think that if you could do pre and post it would have lots of benefits. But then again you could buy a killer chiller and run pre nozzle meth for octane.

Users who are viewing this thread