Watertown may be setting a dangerous precedent

Would you be ok with SWAT/FBI/DHS searching your property without consent/warrant?

• Yes

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • Maybe, it depends on the circumstances

Votes: 76 27.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 134 48.0%

• Total voters

jbs$

Established Member
I do not think that it would be "stupid", if a home owner refused to give the Cops free rein of his home, when there is no crime being committed or other legal deficiency at hand.

pack018

Established Member
I was referring if they are in "hot pursuit" or they have PC and exigent circumstances. It would be stupid if they needed a warrant or consent to enter a home. I'm not referring to a situation where the police just go in someones home and ransack it to look for evidence to use against the home owner. Read Case law Payton Vs NY - where the US supreme court said absent Exigent Circumstance police are not allow to make a warrant less nonconsensual entry into a suspect's home to arrest him even though Probable case existed to believe the suspect is in fact the perpetrator of a felony.

pack018

Established Member
One thing that I do find interesting is the fact that the more liberal a state is the more restrictions the government has in order to conduct any type of search and seizure. Case in point, in NJ (my state) police can not allow to Routinely ask the driver of a vehicle to give consent to search. Police need reasonable suspicion before they can ask the driver if he/she would give consent to search the vehicle. In most other states police don't need anything they can ask whoever and whenever they want to give consent to search of their vehicle.

t01lightning

Established Member
Way to many houses to say exigent circumstances, way to broad of an area. Ron Paul nailed it, I do not agree with him on immigration as I believe he is a little soft but his speech is spot on. Wait until the lawyers start contacting these homeowners someone will be getting money, actually many will if they find their sack. Once again you pop open my door or come in my house without me knowing my instincts will kick in and you will be shot. Cop, robber, teenager doing a prank, it doesn't matter, a split second decision my family is more important.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
Whats funny is we are 16 days since the bombing and STILL the only people bitching about the way the police handled this situation are the people who DON'T LIVE HERE!!!!

The false info or partial story arguments are hilarious. When was the last time we had a domestic bombing, OKC? Atlanta Olympics? You nut jobs are making it seem like this is the standard protocol for everyday life.

I REALLY hope, one of you finds out what its like to have a family member killed/severely injured in an event like this. Then come back to us and tell us how YOU would like the police to respond to finding the people. The people of Boston banded together and worked as one community to get the job done. You numb nuts in your bayous or living in the mountains with no one around for miles will NEVER understand what its like here. We have a STRONG sense of community here and we WILL do what it takes to find the people who cause harm to our fellow residents.

SVTPete83

Established Member
[QUOTE

I REALLY hope, one of you finds out what its like to have a family member killed/severely injured in an event like this. [/QUOTE]

After I read this I pretty much discounted anything you had to say. Anyone who wishes death on someone's family or friends is a true piece of trash in my mind. I feel sorry for you.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
[QUOTE

I REALLY hope, one of you finds out what its like to have a family member killed/severely injured in an event like this.

After I read this I pretty much discounted anything you had to say. Anyone who wishes death on someone's family or friends is a true piece of trash in my mind. I feel sorry for you.[/QUOTE]

while i dont agree with that part of his statement, the rest of it is spot on. and it's funny, thats not even half as disrespectful as some of the bs thats been spewed from the paranoids in this thread.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
[QUOTE

I REALLY hope, one of you finds out what its like to have a family member killed/severely injured in an event like this.

After I read this I pretty much discounted anything you had to say. Anyone who wishes death on someone's family or friends is a true piece of trash in my mind. I feel sorry for you.[/QUOTE]

Pete...it out of pure frustration from these numb nuts. I don't want to see ANY american die from a terrorist event. I worked for a Co that had 7 people on Flight 11. I know the effects all too well.

I am just SICK to my stomach about people like this 2 dipsticks with their conspiracy theories and telling the people IMMEDIATELY effected by this how we are supposed to act or how we are supposed to feel.

How about you let US decide if we feel our rights were infringed upon.

This has NOTHING to do with being a liberal, conservative, democrat, or republican. This was about a group of PROUD Bostonians doing what ever it took to get the job done and people who have ZERO clue what it's like to live here or question how we live. Cities like Boston, Chicago, Detroit, New York that are packed with people right on top of each other, we have a MUCH better idea of taking care of each other then someone who's neighbor is measured in mile increments!

When those dipsticks from the Westboro Baptist Church showed up.........the Teamsters showed up in full force to block them far away from the funerals.

I just don't need some ignoranus sipping his moonshine telling me how to feel/live!

Users who are viewing this thread