Watts link guys come on in!!!!!

KILRSVT

Established Member
So lately I have been looking into getting a watts link for my car. The car handles awesome the cornering exit entry is very stable..it's the higher speed transitions that I wanna adress . So thus I feel a watts link will cure that since I hear high speed stability is greatly improved . I am leaning toward the fays2s watts link since it looks easy to install and the roll center is on the chassis rather the diff. My question is which one do you guys have , what are the pros and cons , what is your car set up for . Thanks for the input guys it is much appreciated :beer:

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
A watt's does a better job of keeping the rear end square to the chassis as a panhard bar does right? I though someone once said that a panhard bar will keep deflection to 0.0x inches and a watt's is to 0.00x.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My whiteline watts differential style works great, its the most drastic improvement of any suspension part I've added to my car. Never liked the jungle jim style watts link, its heavier then the differential style and makes the rear axle space look cluttered!

jojobee

Established Member
Had a panhard bar before and later upgraded to a Whiteline watts link. The car is definitely more stable in the rear in turns and over a bumpy road. From my experience i highly recommend it if you have the $$.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I like the whiteline kit looks easy to install as well .... Does it work with the stock sway bar. How many adjustments is there for roll center on the whiteline

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I like the whiteline kit looks easy to install as well .... Does it work with the stock sway bar. How many adjustments is there for roll center on the whiteline

It works with the stock sway better, works even better with a whiteline adjustable sway bar!

prn1972

Established Member
I have the Whiteline Watts, i agree with the guys above, best suspension mod i ever done, it diffently looks better & has to be lighter than most...only bad thing i heard about the fays2s is the axle tube clamps can slip & should be welded on

Swine

Established Member
Correct the watts keeps the axle center through the entire axle articulation

Incorrect.

Watts_linkage.gif

But yeah it maintains a centerline much more efficiently then a panhard.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
Established Member
The lateral deflection of a good panhard bar with stiff bushings or rod-ends is less than an eighth of an inch. In fact, compressing and uncompressing the suspension by 2" either way produces only 0.1" of total lateral deflection (0.050" in one direction during 2" of compression). Two inches of compression or decompression is much more than what you will get during even the hardest cornering on an autocross or road course. You can't simply go by the large amount of lateral deflection that occurs when the car is up in the air with the suspension unloaded, because that simply won't happen when you're driving the car unless you're doing some serious Dukes of Hazard shit.

Much of the benefit of a Watts link is due to the roll center. No one has ever done a back-to-back comparison of a Watts link with a truly adjustable panhard bar that has adjustable roll center, such as Steeda's competition unit.

devildog1679

Established Member
The lateral deflection of a good panhard bar with stiff bushings or rod-ends is less than an eighth of an inch. In fact, compressing and uncompressing the suspension by 2" either way produces only 0.1" of total lateral deflection (0.050" in one direction during 2" of compression). Two inches of compression or decompression is much more than what you will get during even the hardest cornering on an autocross or road course. You can't simply go by the large amount of lateral deflection that occurs when the car is up in the air with the suspension unloaded, because that simply won't happen when you're driving the car unless you're doing some serious Dukes of Hazard shit.

Much of the benefit of a Watts link is due to the roll center. No one has ever done a back-to-back comparison of a Watts link with a truly adjustable panhard bar that has adjustable roll center, such as Steeda's competition unit.

Vorschlag or some other has a video from an autox that shows the rear wheel pre watts and post. You can definitely see the lateral deflection difference. I'll see if I can find it. It's what convince me to buy one.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
Established Member
Vorschlag or some other has a video from an autox that shows the rear wheel pre watts and post. You can definitely see the lateral deflection difference. I'll see if I can find it. It's what convince me to buy one.

The lateral deflection is caused more by deformation of the tire carcass than by the Panhard bar.

Jabooh1

Established Member
^This is what I need to see. I am waiting/on-the-fence for the BMR version. Currently have the steeda adjustable pan hard bar.

Users who are viewing this thread