Wave good-bye to Vista

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Microsoft invested HUGELY in the core of this operating system and they are not about to pull the plug on it. This is why the next operating system is based on Vista internals.

Which in turn is still based on the NT kernel, with some added 'features'

The problem with Vista is, it changes the way we are used to dealing with things, and some people don't like change (and all the added extra crap that MS decides to force on people, causing the OS to become a resource hog)

And everyday users aren't going to know how to change a lot of that stuff.

I have not upgraded yet, as I see no reason to. It doesn't offer me any incentive. Not saying I won't...but not yet

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Boomer v3.8 said:
Which in turn is still based on the NT kernel, with some added 'features'

It does not suffice to describe the development of the Vista core as NT with some added features. When I said Microsoft made huge investments, I meant that a tremendous effort went towards new development and significant improvement of the operating system's core. The jump from NT/XP to Vista will be much, much bigger than the jump from Vista to the next operating system.

I am not trying to defend the use of Vista. I just completely disagree with the claim that this operating system is going away. Microsoft will stand behind the significant development that went into Vista.

Users who are viewing this thread