Waxing with flat black stripes?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Naaa your ok bro. Just don't let product residue build up on the edges of the stripes. It gets difficult to remove if you allow it to compound over a couple coats. It also attracts dirt and can eventually make the stripes peel at the edges prematurely. It doesn't take any more than a good wipe down with a clean microfiber and some clay lube, spray and wash or quick detailer. I've used a tongue depressor and a cotton ball coated in whatever product I'm using at the moment, to get the most stubborn stuff out of the cracks and edges.

jcthorne

Established Member
Turtlewax ICE is the ticket for cars with matte finish stripes and lots of black trim.

Great wax, no residue and you use it on the paint, flat stripes AND all the exterior black trim. Great product. I will not use a dry to white residue wax product ever again.

Blacksmoke

Established Member
If "BIG Corporations" use it, you know its good... :lol:

10000230-00-00-00-00_lg.png

HAHAHAA love that!
I guess my point was just that it is used widespread and nothing but good opinions have I heard about it.

But I dunoo... it's hard to beat Sex Panther lol!

Blacksmoke

Established Member
I WILL have to strongly disagree against those that say wax is fine for matte black... AND warn you about it.

Eventually odds are it will mess them up and besides.. Why take the chance when you can get something that works even better than wax? Makes no sense.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I WILL have to strongly disagree against those that say wax is fine for matte black... AND warn you about it.

Eventually odds are it will mess them up and besides.. Why take the chance when you can get something that works even better than wax? Makes no sense.

I don't think anyone here said wax was ok on matte black stripes. If they did, I missed it.

Corepuncher

Established Member
DO NOT wax your black matte stripes!!! It was a BITCH to get them back to "satiny" looking.

I probably need to put something on them though...hot Oklahoma sun is going to fade them. I guess I'll try the 303 or the Chemical Guys solution.

Users who are viewing this thread