WANTED: WBT 2013 or 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Hi everyone. I'm new to posting to the forum and looking to purchase a 2013 or 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible. Looking for relatively low miles, under 35,000 and either no modifications, or lightly modified. Looking for black with white or gray/silver hood stripes, or Red with white or gray/silver hood stripes. I'm in Michigan so would strongly prefer there or within a reasonable driving distance to view the vehicle in person. Looking to spend in the $60K range.

Last edited:

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Not going to happen with that budget. Everything stick I see around $60k with those miles is sold within a few days. Maybe a 40-50k mile car. Maybe.
There was one on Autotrader that listed/sold for @ $59 with 8K miles. 2013 Black with silver stripes. Clean carfax but I missed out on it as it was sold pretty quickly.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to SVTP and good luck with the search.
I agree $60k is probubly the minimum to sit down at the table.

If you are new to the legendary 13/14 just a heads up there are packages such as Performance Pack, Track Pack, Shaker 1000 stereo and all that. Track Pack is worthless, don't let someone hike the price up because of it. Also, don't rule out a glass roof car.

Finally, check out the 13/14 section, a lot of good info on mods, and FAQ's.

----> 2013-14 Shelby GT500

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Welcome to SVTP and good luck with the search.
I agree $60k is probubly the minimum to sit down at the table.

If you are new to the legendary 13/14 just a heads up there are packages such as Performance Pack, Track Pack, Shaker 1000 stereo and all that. Track Pack is worthless, don't let someone hike the price up because of it. Also, don't rule out a glass roof car.

Finally, check out the 13/14 section, a lot of good info on mods, and FAQ's.

----> 2013-14 Shelby GT500
Great information and thanks for sharing! Yes, I wouldn't take the car to the track. Never considered a glass roof, so thank you for that as well!

One of my best friends has a 14 convertible, black with white stripes and I drove it down from his home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan downstate. It was a blast.

I've had 3 mustangs, though none with nearly the power of the Shelby. A black 89 LX 5.0 hatch, a race red 1970 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland, and a 93 Yellow Mustang Convertible Feature Car. It's been too long without a Mustang!

TCAT1000

Established Member
Great information and thanks for sharing! Yes, I wouldn't take the car to the track. Never considered a glass roof, so thank you for that as well!

One of my best friends has a 14 convertible, black with white stripes and I drove it down from his home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan downstate. It was a blast.

I've had 3 mustangs, though none with nearly the power of the Shelby. A black 89 LX 5.0 hatch, a race red 1970 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland, and a 93 Yellow Mustang Convertible Feature Car. It's been too long without a Mustang!
Get the convertible!! There’s no other way.

nrmustang

Established Member
Just to add to the conversation about prices/availability etc. I sold my ‘14 fully optioned glass roof car w/35k on the clock in January for $48k. I absolutely cannot but that car for that price now.

Back in the market, and am getting ready to sign papers for a ‘14 fully optioned coupe minus the glass roof Ford certified w/14k on the clock for $60k plus fees.

With Mopar and GM saying goodbye, I think reality has set in and we’re seeing a lot of FOMO driving the prices up. Who knows if they’ll come down.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Just to add to the conversation about prices/availability etc. I sold my ‘14 fully optioned glass roof car w/35k on the clock in January for $48k. I absolutely cannot but that car for that price now.

Back in the market, and am getting ready to sign papers for a ‘14 fully optioned coupe minus the glass roof Ford certified w/14k on the clock for $60k plus fees.

With Mopar and GM saying goodbye, I think reality has set in and we’re seeing a lot of FOMO driving the prices up. Who knows if they’ll come down.
There's a nice 2013 Vert, black with gray/red stripes and lightly modified for a shade under $60K with a little less than 21K on the clock on Autotrader.

Not sure if it's clean because no car report provided, which sometimes is a red flag.

Users who are viewing this thread