Website (maca-online.com) taken down

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Well folks, unfortunately, since our maca-online.com website has been hacked twice recently, I decided to take it down and cancel my account with the web hosting service we were using.

Personally, I believe that the hosting service we were using had poor security, allowing these punks to mess with our website. I'm sure I didn't design the most secure website in the world either, but I think I did at least an OK job.

I'm sorry I had to do this, but it's just not feasible to stay with the same provider and until Mike (FISHTAIL) and I find a better solution, we will have to go without a website for a while.

It looked like we weren't getting a crazy amount of usage anyways though.

Mike and I will keep you up-to-date :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
That stinks Sean.

Hope you find a better provider soon.:rockon:

Yea, didn't want to do it, but the web hosting service was not being helpful.

Mike and I are trying to figure out what to do.

If anyone out there wants to help with the website, now is the time to shoot myself or Mike (FISHTAIL) a PM and let us know. The more people helping, the better. :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
what was heppening to the old website, like what was happening when they hacked in

The first time they hacked our website, it looked like they somehow made it so that it tried to download a virus to your computer when you visited the site.

The second time they hacked our website, when you went directly to maca-online.com, there was nothing wrong. BUT, when you Googled maca-online.com and clicked our link, it re-directed you to a pr0n site.

I wish 1 solid week of diarrhea, complete with vomiting and a side of insomnia on whoever did that to our site. Some punk(s) with too much time on their hands, no doubt... :nonono:

that sucks... ill see what my buddy can put together... he did some work on the logo and a site... if everyone is interested, ill what he can do

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...1376-cool-maca-logo-w-some-website-ideas.html

I was able to save the code from the site, so we can put it back up whenever we figure out what we're going to do (re-design the site, search for a new hosting service, both, etc). Just need to coordinate some time with Mike.

As I said before, any help would be appreciated. :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Bummer Sean.
Do we want to put some kind of sticky in the SVTP forum about how to join? I don't know how many used the form on the web site.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Bummer Sean.
Do we want to put some kind of sticky in the SVTP forum about how to join? I don't know how many used the form on the web site.

Yea, it's really sad that some people have nothing better to do with their time.

Actually, yes, I think that's a great idea. We usually get in the neighborhood of 2-4 new members a week from the website's new member form.

I just updated the "MACA General Information and Services" thread that points to the website. :beer:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Ahhhh - I was wondering why so many signature files weren't showing up today, including my own.

Guess I'd better find another site to host it then. Sounds like the site might be down for a while. Hackers SUCK!!!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Ahhhh - I was wondering why so many signature files weren't showing up today, including my own.

Guess I'd better find another site to host it then. Sounds like the site might be down for a while. Hackers SUCK!!!

Tim, I started using PhotoBucket a while back when they hit us the first time.
I'll miss all the content I had on the MACA site. Some of it was my favorite.:cryying:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Tim, I started using PhotoBucket a while back when they hit us the first time.
I'll miss all the content I had on the MACA site. Some of it was my favorite.:cryying:

We'll do what we can to get this thing up and running in a more secure way.

I'll say it again though: if anyone wants to give Mike and I a hand, we would not turn you away :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Wish I could help, but hypertext is like greek to me. I do have a friend that I work with that does all of our customer's web design, but he doesn't do any hosting or anything like that. But if you need me to ask him anything, let me know.

And I was just joking about missing all the content, I have all of it backed up.

Users who are viewing this thread