Wedding cash instead of gifts.

coposrv

Established Member
Rule of thumb is if you’re doing cash it’s the cost of you and guests plate. Don’t be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Brutal Metal

Established Member
b0e29aae-796b-4f49-ba6a-d589c6032ecd_rt_auto.jpg
I feel like im the only one who thinks its rediculous to ask for cash at a wedding... Especially when the couple dont actually need the cash.. I have no issue with a registry if said couple are just starting out in life and need all the help they can get but ive been to a few now where they make more money than I do, have established lives, own homes etc. and its still expected to give cash.. Really bothers me for some reason.

Thoughts?
I'm the opposite when it comes to family.This is a perfect timing thread for me to answer. Just last night I went on my Nephew's wedding registry online (getting married in 3 weeks) and saw the selections from Crate&Barrel, Pottery Barn and Bloomingdales. They had such inexpensive items and I saw they'd also be grateful for gift cards from the 3 retailers. He's a good boy whose a firefighter in Boston and is So Far from materialistic. I sent $300 in E-gift cards for him and Kaitlyn, I'm not getting them a fricken $20 gravy boat..

blk02edge

Established Member
View attachment 1492389
I'm the opposite when it comes to family.This is a perfect timing thread for me to answer. Just last night I went on my Nephew's wedding registry online (getting married in 3 weeks) and saw the selections from Crate&Barrel, Pottery Barn and Bloomingdales. They had such inexpensive items and I saw they'd also be grateful for gift cards from the 3 retailers. He's a good boy whose a firefighter in Boston and is So Far from materialistic. I sent $300 in E-gift cards for him and Kaitlyn, I'm not getting them a fricken $20 gravy boat..
I see zero issue with giving gifts/cash, especially with family, my issue is it being expected/asked for

Brutal Metal

Established Member
It's tacky and classless to ask for, or even suggest a preference for, any kind of gift IMO. Pointing people to a registry for convenience or suggesting donating to a favorite cause in lieu of gifts is about as far as I like to see it go.
My nephews registry also gave that option to make a donation to their favorite charity...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
For ours we made a registry but also stated there isn’t a lot we need so gift cards to Home Depot or cash that we can put into the house or the baby due in August would be appreciated.

I usually give cash, have a buddy that just bought a house and have a gift card to Home Depot because he was saying he’s doing a lot of yard work now.
I wanted to give my nephew a Home Depot card BUT it's obvious his fiance picked the registry retailers, haha!!

Users who are viewing this thread