Wedding cash instead of gifts.

blk02edge

Established Member
I feel like im the only one who thinks its rediculous to ask for cash at a wedding... Especially when the couple dont actually need the cash.. I have no issue with a registry if said couple are just starting out in life and need all the help they can get but ive been to a few now where they make more money than I do, have established lives, own homes etc. and its still expected to give cash.. Really bothers me for some reason.

Thoughts?

Equalbracket

Established Member
It is ridiculous in my opinion to ASK for cash period. I don't mind spending some dough on a bachelor party or something I know would be a benefit to them, but cash? I could see however much you did give wouldn't be enough, and it's brought up and thrown in your face as long as you're friends.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Their wedding who gives a crap.

No one is forcing you to go.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
Their wedding who gives a crap.

No one is forcing you to go.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
That is absolutely not the point. Im not going to be some sour puss douche by not going because of one thing I dont like. They are my good friends, I fully understand that I could just not give them anything and it would probably be fine, I just think it is a stupid trend.

I have and will again give $100, just curious if others see my point of view

SHOdown220

Established Member
We let people do whatever they wanted for us, we didn't ask for anything but did put on the invitations if they wanted to give us a gift we are registered at x or will also accept monetary donations for our honey moon. Some people opted for gifts, some gave us checks or cash, may have even had 1 or 2 that got us nothing, all of it was ok with us we were happy to just have them attend the wedding. To be honest I was the first of my close friends that got married so I wasn't up on the current trends or whatever.

Zemedici

Established Member
I prefer giving cash than a gift, assuming both are the same value.

This. Then you don’t have to be the 40th guy giving them pots and pans, and they can buy whatever the **** they want.

‘Oh shit i forgot a gift.’

Atm : ‘No you didnt’

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Haven't gone to a wedding in a long, long time.
But when I did, I did give cash.

blk02edge

Established Member
This. Then you don’t have to be the 40th guy giving them pots and pans, and they can buy whatever the **** they want.

‘Oh shit i forgot a gift.’

Atm : ‘No you didnt’
Thats not how registries work though, the couple goes and puts what they want on a list at the dept store and when someone buys something on the list it gets crossed off, if someone buys pots and pans without checking then thats just ignorant lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I was thinking a painting of my face

ICP!

rs-13996-icp-1800-1389191752-a5d5180c-e020-4bd2-a107-459fbb562e65.jpg

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
It's tacky and classless to ask for, or even suggest a preference for, any kind of gift IMO. Pointing people to a registry for convenience or suggesting donating to a favorite cause in lieu of gifts is about as far as I like to see it go.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
For ours, we don't even know what to do.

We are considering telling people that gifts aren't necessary but if they want to give money then we have a paypal setup for our one year anniversary or whatever.

I would rather get nothing than to get extra shit I don't need.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Cash is nice for the honeymoon, But both sides of my family do hat dances for the cash. Nice gifts are remembered such as Waterford. We prefer to give gifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJackson515

Established Member
After having many friends get married and dealing with the whole money vs gifts thing. We opted for a good ole courthouse wedding, and wouldnt accept gifts as we didnt care. Probably the best thing we did. Didnt have a big wedding bill, could put the money towards everyday life like nothing really happened. Didnt take a honeymoon as we usually take enough vacations during the year anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread