Weekend Plans?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Was a great day for a show. Lots of nice cars. My heap and my buddies 05 and RF Terminator.

28lastv.jpg

addsf4.jpg

20ix6r7.jpg

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Man, that sounds brutal.

It's actually gravy, i'm probably one of the few people who don't mind going to work lol.

I work in a control room...heat and A/C, internet access, union pay scale and no boss to bother me. It's been a washout the last few days anyway, worst part was being away from my wife and daughter all weekend.

Last edited:

helloWorld

Established Member
So, we all know fun things usually do not go as planned. I was going to work on the brake rotors and pads on Saturday that way if anything went wrong, I could have all day Sunday to buy parts and attempt to fix any mistakes. However, I decided to help a friend remove old siding and then housewrap his detached garage. That literally ended up being a 8:30 AM to 7 PM job. So, I started the brake job at around 11:30 AM on Sunday and took my time all the way until 9 PM. I ended up getting all four rotors and eight pads replaced. However, I ended up snapping a bolt that goes into the passenger front caliper that helps keep the pads in place, rendering the car undrivable :mad:. I managed to find an O'Reilly's that was able to get a new hardware kit shipped to their location so I can pick it up today, at no extra charge to me. It is a good thing that I am buying a whole hardware kit, because I also realize that I put in backwards the metal plate system that actually keeps the brake pads in place on the driver front caliper.

Oh well, those two things should be an easy fix this evening and then I will be able to go out and bed the new pads and rotors.

Siding Project
37630454-670626183306682-8324709366355722240-n.jpg

Old rotors and pads
img-20180722-112637.jpg

New StopTech slotted rotors and PowerStop Z26 ceramic pads
img-20180722-144953.jpg

Middle bolt that I snapped
img-20180722-152431.jpg

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Guys trip to Austin was a success. The local that we went to high school with got so trashed on the boat that they wouldn't take him home. The LFL football game was really fun rolling 15 deep (I was the only sober one there). One of the guys in our group was put on the big screen for "beer cam". He took off his cowboy hat and did the "Texas waterfall" where he poured the beer on his hat and let it run into his mouth. One guy proposed to one of the girls several times.

Almost got the boot from a strip club later that night when a guy was found passed out for a second time. I knew it was time to go when my step brother tried to fight a guy over a spilled drink. He called him sleeves because his short sleeve shirt had the rolled up sleeves.

When it was all over no one needed bail money or medical attention which was a win.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Guys trip to Austin was a success. The local that we went to high school with got so trashed on the boat that they wouldn't take him home. The LFL football game was really fun rolling 15 deep (I was the only sober one there). One of the guys in our group was put on the big screen for "beer cam". He took off his cowboy hat and did the "Texas waterfall" where he poured the beer on his hat and let it run into his mouth. One guy proposed to one of the girls several times.

Almost got the boot from a strip club later that night when a guy was found passed out for a second time. I knew it was time to go when my step brother tried to fight a guy over a spilled drink. He called him sleeves because his short sleeve shirt had the rolled up sleeves.

When it was all over no one needed bail money or medical attention which was a win.
Sounds like a great time indeed.

blackfang

Established Member
We are heading up to our cabin in Northeast Pa for the weekend. Heading up Thursday night and coming home sometime Sunday. It has been about 4 weeks since we were up last so we are ready for some relaxation.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
We are heading up to our cabin in Northeast Pa for the weekend. Heading up Thursday night and coming home sometime Sunday. It has been about 4 weeks since we were up last so we are ready for some relaxation.
Is it on a lake?

blackfang

Established Member
Thanks. It has been in our family 34 years. Place was built in the mid 50's and my late father added additions to the front and back of the place when we were kids back in the late 80's early 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread