Weighed the Mustang

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Came in at 3,720 pounds with me in it and a full tank of gas.

Figure 16 gallons of gasoline weighs 100 pounds, and I'm 220... that gives the car a curb weight of 3400 pounds :thumb2: Most of the weigh reduction came from the lighter wheels, lighter full exhaust, and driveshaft.

20131027_095338.jpg

Wonder how I can lose another 100-150... car is still a fat pig!

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
i weighed mine it was 3725 with all mats removed ,spare and all trunk linings removed....im 170lbs....forgestar f14 wheels around 22-25lbs a rim....mine is a base model....tank was half full

SCalla1384

Established Member
That seems alittle heavy for a base.

My car is a premium, only option it doesn't have is glass roof.
15/17 wheels
Aluminum ds
Gutted trunk
Tubular radiator support and no sway bar
Off road x pipe, kooks axleback
BMR tubular LCA

Probably another couple odds and ends, with about 1/2 tank weighed 3725lbs with me in it. Without me the car is 3500lbs.

kingnut

Established Member
Anyone know how much a premie with track pack and recaros weighs?

A302

Established Member
My Premium GT Auto with Roush TVS and Weld RTS on back with half tank weighed 3880 with me in it. This was right after running a 10.71 @ 128 in the quarter.

86merc

Established Member
I got on the scales today at the track. It said 3640 lbs. with me in it. No spare tire, no front sway bar, Steeda light weight radiator support, one piece aluminum drive shaft, Weld RTS 17x4 and 15x10, M&H 28" front runners, Hoosier 28x10 slicks and just under a half tank of gas. I also weigh about 240. Driver is going on a diet for next season for sure! haha

clean92lx

Established Member
That seems alittle heavy for a base.

My car is a premium, only option it doesn't have is glass roof.
15/17 wheels
Aluminum ds
Gutted trunk
Tubular radiator support and no sway bar
Off road x pipe, kooks axleback
BMR tubular LCA

Probably another couple odds and ends, with about 1/2 tank weighed 3725lbs with me in it. Without me the car is 3500lbs.
how does the car feel on the street with sway bar deleted? Is your car a daily driver?

86merc

Established Member
For me I pulled my sway bar a few weeks ago. Between the Steeda sport springs and Koni yellow struts it is not bad at all. Unless I make a hard turn then it is noticeable. Normal driving / cruising it is fine.

Plus it is pretty easy to take on and off if I want to.

EJR

Established Member
I wouldnt pull it off with stock suspension/arms. The stock suspension on these cars sucks to be honest. Including the Boss. Anyone i take for a ride in my car is baffled by how stiff it is... and i dont run a front sway bar. Also the only stock suspension part in my car are my front struts...

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
how does the car feel on the street with sway bar deleted? Is your car a daily driver?

I was shocked at how well my car drives with the sway bar removed and M&H 185/55/17" radial runners in the front. I thought the car would drive, brake, and steer terrible. I was wrong.

I have no desire to reinstall the front sway bar at this time, only putting the Forgestar set back on instead of drag wheels.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I was shocked at how well my car drives with the sway bar removed and M&H 185/55/17" radial runners in the front. I thought the car would drive, brake, and steer terrible. I was wrong.

I have no desire to reinstall the front sway bar at this time, only putting the Forgestar set back on instead of drag wheels.

Yep i agree! I expected this unsafe to drive difference but its not.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Back in August I weighed my car w/ 3/4 tank of 93, strut tower brace removed, and driver at 180#. Car was in complete street trim (Brembo wheels, full interior, etc.) down to my roadside emergency kit in the trunk. LOL

3790 w/ me in the car.

Scale read 3620 w/ car itself.

Last edited:

nordy racer

Established Member
mine with a 1/2 tank weight in at 3580lbs with just the car, and with me 3820lbs ( i know im fat lol)..

clean92lx

Established Member
Thanks for all the sway bar info guys! I was thinking it would create a bad handling car for DD but seems enough people enjoy it removed, its def worth trying to see of I like it. Sorry for the thread jack OP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread