Weight Gained 200-300 pounds!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Well your toying with a big if. What if they come out and say its pushing 475. Hell we could go on and on with a laundry list of ifs Even if they did release a weight increase do you really think all or most if the 10,000 plus orders that have been submitted will get canceled? Not to mention all of Europes order banks dried up under a min. So no I,don't think,it would impact sales. This car is appealing to a lot more than just weight conscious gear heads.
Look, I am sure it gained a little weight. I am sure it also gained performance, so ford is waiting until that is ready before they released weight gain. Steeda retracted because I am sure Ford told them to. Ford would not be hurt if they chose not to give models to Steeda, but Steeda sure would be, hence the retraction.

If it goes down the track or around the road course faster, do you really care if it is heavier? It sucks, but most will get over it

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Do the IRS, new safety regs, bigger brakes, cooled seats, etc add weight... yes.
But keep in mind there are many weight loss measures that absolutely could offset all of that gain. The aluminum fenders, double ball joint front suspension, less glass, the Silhouette Innovation Unibody, and other items could indeed offset all of that gain, and then some.

Ford has a reason to not tell us the weight/hp/mpg right now. They still have 2014's to sell. Once that inventory gets down to a certain level, we'll start seeing some info being released.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Do the IRS, new safety regs, bigger brakes, cooled seats, etc add weight... yes.
But keep in mind there are many weight loss measures that absolutely could offset all of that gain. The aluminum fenders, double ball joint front suspension, less glass, the Silhouette Innovation Unibody, and other items could indeed offset all of that gain, and then some.

Ford has a reason to not tell us the weight/hp/mpg right now. They still have 2014's to sell. Once that inventory gets down to a certain level, we'll start seeing some info being released.

They had a lot of f150 to sell but they still came out and said it lost 700 lbs.

BMR Tech

I would be willing to bet that the car is not completely finished yet.

Production isn't slated for another 2 full months.

There is definitely a possibility that engine, ecu, and chassis/suspension tweaks are still being made. If there are still tweaks being made, it would be silly for Ford to release all of the information.

That is my opinion.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
i was arguing with some douche on here about the weight savings. listening to people say the 15 is going to lose 300+ lbs is absolutely ridiculous. now hearing this is unreal. no way i would want a pig of a mustang that gained 300 lbs. now the 13-14's are looking real good.
Weight has been released. Just under a 100lb increase on the GT. Other models are less.

Users who are viewing this thread