Weight of Cobra??

wheelhopper

Established Member
snackpack said:
Thanks Bob. That makes more sense to me, cause I still have the IRS on the car. The only thing I would consider to be a weight reduction that I have done is there is no radio in the car this moment.

Oh....well that explains it. Ford called the stereo system mach 460 because the radio weighs 460lbs. :idea:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I'm not a dyno expert by any stretch of the imagination, but as far as I know the vehicle weight is entered into the dyno software. So it is likely that the dyno shop plugged in the wrong weight. Probably unintentionally. However, some shops are known to do this purposely to skew the numbers to make bigger claims for their products.
WHY WOULD TELLING DYNO WRONG WEIGHT CHANGE NUMBERS?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I am no expert on this topic, however a weight is entered into the Mustang Dyno that obviously has some impact upon the load and / or results. There must be some relationship or why would you enter the weight into the dyno to start with.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
cornerweights.jpg

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
Well i went to the scale to see how much the cobra is weights b/c the dyno shop IM going to get some baseline runs says i need to have it weighted, well she tipped the scales at 4000lbs with a full tank of gas me in it, and i figured without me and a full tank of gas the car would weights 3701lbs with one gallon of gas me being 210lbs and the gas being 89lbs. I didn't know how fat these cars where :eek:

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
my vert came in at 3760#'s. the only things i have done so far is, i have trs corbeaus, i took out the spare tire and the jack out of the trunk, and i have a head unit if that makes any diff. And i had close to 3/4 of a tank of gas My 67 coupe at 2860#'s!

edit: i had close to 3/4 of a tank of gas.

Users who are viewing this thread