Weight of Cobra??

snackpack

Established Member
I never really looked to hard at my dyno sheet until. Which is sad cause I've had it for a few months now. But aren't the Teminators suppose to weigh around 3600 lbs or so? I just noticed that it said the weight of my car on it, and it weghs 3240 lbs. That seems a little low to me, and I haven't had any weight reduction done to that I know.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
snackpack said:
I never really looked to hard at my dyno sheet until. Which is sad cause I've had it for a few months now. But aren't the Teminators suppose to weigh around 3600 lbs or so? I just noticed that it said the weight of my car on it, and it weghs 3240 lbs. That seems a little low to me, and I haven't had any weight reduction done to that I know.

Yeah, way off. 3650 coupe weight, my covertable weighs over 4000 with me in it and a full tank of gas!!

1time

Established Member
full tank,subs w/amps and 240lbs of me = 4000lbs ,11.80's @117mph

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not a dyno expert by any stretch of the imagination, but as far as I know the vehicle weight is entered into the dyno software. So it is likely that the dyno shop plugged in the wrong weight. Probably unintentionally. However, some shops are known to do this purposely to skew the numbers to make bigger claims for their products.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
snackpack said:

3240??? the motor is probably gone:lol1:

snackpack

Established Member
Thanks Bob. That makes more sense to me, cause I still have the IRS on the car. The only thing I would consider to be a weight reduction that I have done is there is no radio in the car this moment.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
By the way, that is some awesome torque you're making. Kudos to your mods. Nicely done!

snackpack

Established Member
Thanks! I love the torque I got, but I can't connect the tires to the ground anything in first gear. Which is probly for the best till I upgrade the rear end.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
snackpack said:

The Operator entered that weight into the dyno. Was it a Mustang Dyno? Now someone can chime in and explain what the differences would have been if the correct weight was entered - if any?

RixSikcobra04

DarkSnake said:
Yeah, way off. 3650 coupe weight, my covertable weighs over 4000 with me in it and a full tank of gas!!

+1

4023 with me in it. I weigh 195....Damn, wouldn't it be nice if our cars only weighed 3200?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread