weight reduction...

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
No, excuse me for reading too fast. I missed the "have to have'", and thought you said you have.
Your english is better than most on the internet. :thumbsup:

David Hester

Established Member
Whaddar you sayin? :dw:

;-)
Ana, You had it right.
I've got a good racing buddy who was born in Finland but spent a long time in Switzerland. Did his time in the air force and then moved to Canada, and some how ended up in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA. Go figure.

Last edited:

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
No, excuse me for reading too fast. I missed the "have to have'", and thought you said you have.
Your english is better than most on the internet. :thumbsup:

Whaddar you sayin? :dw:

;-)
Ana, You had it right.
I've got a good racing buddy who was born in Finland but spent a long time in Switzerland. Did his time in the air force and then moved to Canada, and some how ended up in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA. Go figure.

hehe, cool! I hope I'll end up in the USA one day.

David Hester

Established Member
Hope you make it, too.
Vesa is an engineer with Miller Industries (they build recovery vehicles...don't call them wreckers anymore:shrug:), but has a small company of his own on the side. http://www.svtek.com/products.htm shameless plug for anyone needed a camera mount/ helmet hook/ steering wheel hook. :lol1:

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
well, ordered my second sparco evo racing seat, it's all business now, no more reclining seats! also ordered a set of wedsports sa70 wheels, 9x17" weight 17.5lbs! good enough for me. looking very hard at the steeda 99-01 cobra style carbon fiber hood to. I wonder what this car will weigh when it's done. how much does a stock mustang weigh? with a 4v motor?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Well, a '99 Cobra coupe is 3430 lb. while an '03 Cobra is 3665 lb.

My guess is being a GT, you'll be somewhere between those,
but probably closer to the '03.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
why would the GT be closer to the 03 then the 99? I actually thought it would be the same as the 99 coupe since I have the same motor. you guys think I can get this thing under 3000lbs??

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
why would the GT be closer to the 03 then the 99? I actually thought it would be the same as the 99 coupe since I have the same motor. you guys think I can get this thing under 3000lbs??

The '99 has the aluminum block and no blower. As I recall, the iron block adds 40 lb. and the blower 50 lb. (but that's just what I've heard).

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My GT is 3525 without me in it. Its a vert, iron block, vortech blower, and IRS but when I weighed it, I had corbeau front seats and all the spare tire/jack stuff out of the trunk. Obviously the vert top stuff, block, blower and IRS makes it much heavier, so I'd put you at least 100 pounds lighter that me.

Users who are viewing this thread