Weird question

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Good morning guys!

I have a weird question. I live in heavily wooded neighborhood and have some big trees in my backyard (which I like). Every day the squirrels are up in the trees eating and dropping nuts on my roof and its really annoying. Is there anyway keep squirrels out of a tree? I would love to go out and shoot em with a gun but living in a neighborhood i'm not sure that's the best route. (I tried google but no luck). On google I found some info about trapping them but I feel like there should be a better way to keep them out.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Either get a good quality pellet gun and take them out discreetly, or trap 'em. Really your only choices besides learning to live with them.

U.M.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Insulate your roof better. You can trap and move (or eat) them but you can’t get rid of them in that kind of an environment short of cutting the trees down

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
At least you're not livin' in a trailer... My wife and I when we were first married lived in a trailer park in Louisiana. The place was surrounded by large pecan trees. I ate a lot of squirrel back then.

U.M.

Machdup1

Established Member
Couple of Options

Trap Them
Poison Them
Shoot them with a Pellet Gun
Shoot them with a Suppressed .22lr
Cut down the tree limbs that are over the house.
Drink so much that you don't notice the squirrels
Move to an underground bunker

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Cut down any trees or limbs that hang over your house.

I’ve never been a fan of trees that could fall within the radius of the house and go thru the roof or cause damage.

blk02edge

Established Member
Try having 4 massive willow trees.... I wish I had a squirell issue... Glad I could help

7upstang

Established Member
While we were in Hawaii, I noticed Palm trees with about 18" of aluminum wrapped around the trees about 5-6 feet off the ground. This kept the rats from crawling up them. However, squirrels are different since they will jump from tree to tree. Just depends on how close your trees are.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Buy a few Bobcats...tie them to the trees, alternate trees daily.

Also I vote for the launcher lol

My94GT

Established Member
Fence your yard and get a dog with a known pray drive. We rarely get squirrels in our yard or any animals for that fact. Yesterday though one got in our yard and we’ll the dogs made quick work of it. Now it’s in the freezer for a few weeks and will get added to their normal raw diet food lol circle of life.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Wait until a squirrel gets his teeth in that dogs nose. His hatred for squirrels will go to a whole new level.
On the bright side the nuts won't last long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread