Weird traction control issue with brembo pack Mustang.

nux1

Established Member
I found this weird quirk with my car (2011 GT). From what I've read the Brembo pack comes with different tuning for the abs/trac so not sure if this only applies to it or if it carries to the base or even newer track pack cars. The first occurrence was back when I first bought the car and was still getting used to the different clutch. I stalled it coming off a side street that was uphill so I immediately hit the key forward without turning off the ignition and pull away. I notice that both the trac lights came on and stayed on. I thought nothing of it then 10-30 seconds down the road the car starts jerking violently like it's misfiring heavily. So I kill it and fire it back up. The trac lights are off and I go off like nothing happened. Fast forward a couple of weeks I stalled in a parking lot (I'm pretty sure someone moved my seat but no excuses). Same thing again. I flipped the key forward and both of the lights came on. Went on and sure enough violent jerking about 10 seconds in. My old car you had to flip the ignition all the way off then back on if you stalled where this one you can just go from on to crank. Not sure if killing the ignition before restarting would help. Anyone with a Brembo pack/ Track pack Mustang that can replicate this? All you have to do is stall your car, without turning the ignition off just turn the car back on, and check if both lights stay on. If both lights stay on chances are it will jerk so I'd shut it down/ restart before it gets to that because it is pretty heavy.

nux1

Established Member
Haha I knew that would be a response. It's not really a common problem I just wanted to see if it was repeatable or it was just my car.

PC03GT

Established Member
Nope I've had 2 track pack cars, 12 and a 13 never had any problems with the tc.

dabster

Established Member
I have the same issue happening to me right now on my 2011 GT brembo pack 6mt, fuggin annoying. If anyone has a fix let me know!

BUCKET

Established Member
I came out on a off ramp Wot and then on the brakes hard. Still had traction control on. It all went apeshit, felt like wheel was going to fall off. Everything ended up being ok, but traction control only can handle so much.

Users who are viewing this thread