Weird traction/control issue.

ATTFighter

Established Member
Let's say I am coming off or going on I-95 ramp and I am hitting the turn. It can be anywhere from like 40mph+ on the right turn with the right speed (which doesn't even have to be that fast) the car will do this weird thing where it kind of vibrates and feels as if the brakes are being auto pumped.

This happens with traction control on, completely off, or sportmode. And the car/wheels will sort of feel like it is vibrating. No flashing light comes on when it happens so I know its not traction control and it does it even when its off.

It is actually quite scary feels like I could loose control of the vehicle and I immediately slow down.

Anyone have this problem before? Not sure what to do.

I have a 2013 Mustang GT Track Package, Ford Racing shocks and struts, steeda ultralites, panhard bar, lower control arms, relocation brackets, boss mani, BBR tune, kooks headers, offroad h, resonator deletes, gt500 mufflers, exedy mach 600 clutch + flywheel, barton shifter 2 post bracket, etc...

ATTFighter

Established Member
Think they would fix it under warranty with my mods?.... Seems like it could be a computer issue auto pumping brake Idk... Or something with front control arms maybe which are stock? I don't want them blaming my suspension mods or tune.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Think they would fix it under warranty with my mods?.... Seems like it could be a computer issue auto pumping brake Idk... Or something with front control arms maybe which are stock? I don't want them blaming my suspension mods or tune.

it depends on the dealership!

darreng505

Established Member
I had this happen at 135mph on the track. Its stabilitrac and kicks in if you have oversteer or run sticky or wider front tires. I put the race abs module in. Problem solved.
But yeah. Scary as shit.

2011roush

Established Member
I've seen a few people with this concern. I wonder if it has anything to do with an alignment being performed and not recalibrating the steering angle sensor. Then when turning that Sharp while accelerating the yaw rate is out of specified range and it trys to correct it.

ATTFighter

Established Member
I have the stock tires... However I don't ever remember it happening when the car was stock. I had the car aligned after the panhard bar went it.. So it cud be oversteer or steering angle sensor? How shud I go about fixing it without going to. Dealer? And yes it is scary.

ATTFighter

Established Member
Ok so I held the brake pedal down and held the button for 5-6 secs which turned everything off.. And the car was fine it didn't do it anymore. So how do i fix it that way I can drive with it on? Seems like it's to sensitive right now and it's actually going to cause an accident

PIKE5.0

Established Member
My car did that within 5k miles of new. Took it in, it was a dangerous situation (which it is) so they fixed it without question.

01GTB

Established Member
What did they replace?

My car did this at about 2400 miles. Pulled in to fill with fuel, left station and made two right turns back onto the highway and under light throttle my car did this same thing. Hasn't done it since, so I'm not sure how they would ever replicate it. Felt like the wheels were coming off the car.

Wills5.0Reaper

Established Member
i am having the same thing happen, i have all of the same mods you have done so i think im going to take it to a emety parking lot and do some crazy turns w/ it on and then off and see what happens

ATTFighter

Established Member
Yea like i said when I press brake and hold button for 5 secs and turn everything off it doesn't do it otherwise it does

Famine

Established Member
Bringing it back from the dead. What is the ultimate solution? This happened last night to me and freaked me out. I dont even know how to explain that to ford.

Gruca

Established Member
Bringing it back from the dead. What is the ultimate solution? This happened last night to me and freaked me out. I dont even know how to explain that to ford.

From the tons of research I’ve done (because I have the same issue) it’s the ABS control module. It’s right under your air intake box. If you look it up on a Ford parts website, the picture looks nothing like the part. The picture actually shows the cover they put on it to protect it, which is odd.

Users who are viewing this thread