Welcome

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
Hi, guys. I'm one of the BALA crew. I've been reg'd with SVTP for a few years, too.

I live in Livermore in the San Francisco East Bay Area.

I drive a 2001 L, black with black stock wheels, blacked out head- & taillights, etc. etc. I'll post some pics when I figure out how. (Or you can see it on the 'other' site as Truck of the Month for June 07.)

I also have a 1934 Ford hiboy hot rod I built and a 1957 T-Bird. My wife's toy is a 1964 Falcon Ranchero.

Most of our members are in the SF East Bay, although we have some in the West Bay, South Bay, Way South Bay (Monterey area), and Way East Bay (Central Valley), plus one in Indy (Sparkman) and one in N. Carolina (John Webb). So...Derek...you can join if you want!

It's really cool that you made this forum for us. I hope some local L owners who don't know about us can have some fun with us. Just give me or any of the others who may post up a PM.

It was good to see you again, Larry, at Alex's bbq. The last time I saw you was at Mtn. Mike's in Redwood City when you had your red L.

Paul:beer:

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Nazgul said:
Hi, guys. I'm one of the BALA crew. I've been reg'd with SVTP for a few years, too.

I live in Livermore in the San Francisco East Bay Area.

I drive a 2001 L, black with black stock wheels, blacked out head- & taillights, etc. etc. I'll post some pics when I figure out how. (Or you can see it on the 'other' site as Truck of the Month for June 07.)

I also have a 1934 Ford hiboy hot rod I built and a 1957 T-Bird. My wife's toy is a 1964 Falcon Ranchero.

Most of our members are in the SF East Bay, although we have some in the West Bay, South Bay, and Way South Bay (Monterey area), plus one in Indy (Sparkman) and one in N. Carolina (John Webb). So...Derek...you can join if you want!

It's really cool that you made this forum for us. I hope some local L owners who don't know about us can have some fun with us. Just give me or any of the others who may post up a PM.

Paul:beer:

Hi Paul.:rockon:

Pics have to be hosted elsewhere and use the

SVTJAY

Established Member
Hey Guys Im Jason

Im kinda between homes for a week or so right now... so im currently in livemore but will be in Dixon in about a week.

I have a 2000 Lightning. Also have a 95 GMC 2 door Yukon with 9" lift, and a 66 Mustang.

44926867_l.jpg

FordDrags.jpg

69548431_l.jpg

44927020_l.jpg

I also pit crew for a IMCA Modified Race car team part time.

BrainCar.jpg

On my free weekends I usually spend them on the boat wakeboarding

New2.jpg

Last edited:

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
Hi Guys, I too am one of the BALA crew.

I'm from Oakdale, which is in the central valley, but the BALA crew has welcomed me to the group.

I own a Red 2002 L, B/C smoothie II rims, Gaylords Lid, Harwood 3" cowl hood, Flowmaster cat-back, K&N CAI.

I also have a 1971 455 Firebird Formula, YC code 455 Pontiac, Offenhauser dual quad with twin 600 AFB's, 041 ram air 4 cam, NOS 150-300 hp cheater system, etc.....

Many Thanks to Larry and Travis for posting this forum!

George

4le3m3c.jpg

6ahe4cn.jpg

Last edited:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Heya Paul, thanks for the PM giving me the heads up on the new forum.

Travis, thanks for setting it up!

I can't really call myself a true, card carrying BALA member since the GTG's are held so far north of me I have yet to attend one, but I have been to a mod party at Jeffs shop in San Jose held by the BALA crew!

I'll have to let Brandon and Pablo know, although Pablo is in the process of looking for a Terminator to replace his L, and if B can't get his truck running right, he's gonna dump it.

Ah well, I'll always have mine, so I'll represent for the Central Coast!

Stewart

RDDYKW

Established Member
Hi, I'm Don=RDDYKW. Currently going through recovery after dealing with a thief and a lier from Turlock!! Hopefully wil have my RED L back by the end of July??
Shaun Perry is currently building my engine. Engine will be overbored .020, H beam rods, Patriot stage 2 heads, a custom ground cam based on Comp Cams low to mid range torque cam, ARP main Ans head studs, shorty headers and high flow 'cats'.
Now to find some rims and tires for the rear that can "Get A Grip"!!
Thanks, Larry for setting this forum up! Now we can have even bigger GTG's!!
Don

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
RDDYKW said:
Hi, I'm Don=RDDYKW. Currently going through recovery after dealing with a thief and a lier from Turlock!! Hopefully wil have my RED L back by the end of July??
Shaun Perry is currently building my engine. Engine will be overbored .020, H beam rods, Patriot stage 2 heads, a custom ground cam based on Comp Cams low to mid range torque cam, ARP main Ans head studs, shorty headers and high flow 'cats'.
Now to find some rims and tires for the rear that can "Get A Grip"!!
Thanks, Larry for setting this forum up! Now we can have even bigger GTG's!!
Don

Hey Don.:rockon: :rockon:

You need to post your story about msx.:cuss:

RDDYKW

Established Member
MSX nightmare

:xpl: Dropped L of at Billy's shop 1-27-07 for a "Built" engine
From Feb thru March made numerous phone calls, checking on progress. Very few replies to calls & when I did connect with Billy, I was lied to.
Made 2 visits to shop, my friend made 1. All 3 times, truck was locked up in 2nd shop and Billy DIDN'T have the key to his own shop!!
Surprise visit on March 20. The only work that had been done+the blower had been removed!
Was reading the SVTP forums on everyone else's problems with MSX. Decided to pull my L out of Billy's Shop, regardless of condition. Went over on April 14th to do so. Truck was outside shop, engine had been removed! Billy told me, "Block and heads are at power coaters, will be at shop by end of week" More lies
On June 2nd. I removed my L from Billy's shop.
Was charged a 35% cancelation fee=$1225
Charged $800 for labor done prior to cancellation
Charged $800 for machining on block=NOT done and block and heads powered coated=NOT done
Had '03 heads that were ported, Manley valves(oversized), Manley springs & a Comp Cam NOT returned to me. He gave me a set ot stock '03 heads
Of the $3500 I gave him in Jan. he gave me $300
So I'm OUT $5300 and counting. $3500 plus the cost of new Patriot heads plus all the nuts, bolts & other fittings that were not returned:xpl
There maybe a double post because of software problems???

Last edited:

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
^ Wow!! Thats just not right :(

Don's not telling it all.

Billy told Don he had sent his blower to Stegemeier, got it back, and was storing it at his home 'to prevent any damage to it.' Later, he told Don he had Steg anodize 'MSX' on it, and when Don cancelled the job, he told Don he sold it to someone else because he 'didn't want his name (MSX) on an engine someone else was going to build.' Later, Steg confirmed Billy had never sent them the blower, and they don't put other people's names on their jobs.

Don supplied an aluminum oil pan for Billy to put on the completed engine. He put it on someone else's engine.

I was there when Billy gave Don revised completion dates that never happened. I gave Don lots of pics to use, showing his L under an inch of dust, engines and heads and trannys sitting in piles all over the shop (how do you know whose is whose that way??!), empty boxes in Don's bed where 'someone' had pulled Don's parts out, etc. etc. It is up to Don to post these pics or use them in court.

We had a feeling something was wrong when we showed up one day and found the shop closed, but two Mustangs sitting out front with windows down and hoods popped. I guess they went home and left them like that.

There are lots of other stories I've heard, but its all heresay now.:fm:

RDDYKW

Established Member
Yes, there is...

...more. About 5-6 pages more, a time line with pictures. I summarized because I had been advised most people wouldn't read all the way through if there was 5 pages or more. My computer skills are lacking, so as soon as I can figure out to make a seperate 'link' to go to, I will.
Paul, thanks for providing moraL SUPPORT!!!:beer:

Last edited:

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
I too saw the same crap and was told by Billy that Don's engine had been sent to the machine shop only to find out later that Billy had lied. The engine was still in the truck.
Stopped by the MSX shop a few times to find no one there and vehicles left unlocked and open.
I wish Don the Best, he's gone thru alot of crap from MSX!

George

Far Rider

LIGHTNING #1713
Hi everyone, I'm Thom A.K.A. Far Rider. I;m in San Bruno and new to SVTP and BALA.I have a '04 Lightning, sonic blue. Not to many mods,K&N filters, C&L intake, and Flowmasters. It was great to meet everyone at the BBQ. Larry, you left your Diet Coke in my cooler. I'll see it goes to a good home! Other toys are 76 Formlua 350 Firebird ( my wife's first car),93 Mustang GT, and a 02 WS6 Trans Am. Can't wait for the next GTG.

Users who are viewing this thread