Well…. I blew it up…..

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I don't know about the rest of you, but I see this as a story of hope.

That SOB got you home!!!!.... after what....2 cyliders giving up the ghost?

I bet the tow from that distance would have amounted to WAY more cost than driving home on it and repairing it anyway.

Shrewd call.. Good luck with the new engine. :)

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
I don't know about the rest of you, but I see this as a story of hope.

That SOB got you home!!!!.... after what....2 cyliders giving up the ghost?

I bet the tow from that distance would have amounted to WAY more cost than driving home on it and repairing it anyway.

Shrewd call.. Good luck with the new engine. :)

My thought exactly. It ran as long as any sane person could hope for.0 compression and a hole clear through #2... and it ran like a champ :beer:

Amazing cars!!!!

Jeff is about to tune my Cobra...

do you think the tune had anything to do with your breakdown?
Absolutely not. If I had any doubt at all, I wouldn't still have his shop and name in my sig...

I have complete faith in his ability/talent with these cars.

The 'fault' was entirely mine. I had 3 significant known issues and chose to do a top end run anyway. The ever popular "It won't happen to me..." mentality.

LKGRenegade22

Established Member
I had mine towed twice (from where it let go to the house then from my house to the shop) which was a combined 125 miles or so and it was right around $500.

realaxed83

Established Member
I did nearly the same exact thing man, don't feel too bad. I got caught up in the action running a camaro, c6 z06, and a street bike in a series of 4-wide races. I did 3 consecutive high speed runs even though in the back of my mind I knew that was the weak spot of these cars. Oh well, it's in the shop now getting rebuilt and with the new addition of twins!!!!

JohnnyBlaze

Established Member
I did nearly the same exact thing man, don't feel too bad. I got caught up in the action running a camaro, c6 z06, and a street bike in a series of 4-wide races. I did 3 consecutive high speed runs even though in the back of my mind I knew that was the weak spot of these cars. Oh well, it's in the shop now getting rebuilt and with the new addition of twins!!!!

So are built motors pretty much immune to blowing on top end runs? Assuming, of course, that the fuel delivery is where it should be for the power level.

I plan on doing a built motor in my next one almost right away, so it would be nice to know I won't have to worry about it if I get a little crazy on the throttle every now and then.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
So are built motors pretty much immune to blowing on top end runs? Assuming, of course, that the fuel delivery is where it should be for the power level.

I plan on doing a built motor in my next one almost right away, so it would be nice to know I won't have to worry about it if I get a little crazy on the throttle every now and then.

No I don't think they evr become immune.... We can move the limit, but never really make it go away. Remember also the problem with the top end runs is the heat in the heads, not the rotating assembly. And the recall heads were better, but still not a great design for cooling. So without some seriously expensive new heads, we will always have an issue or concern. No matter how far we move the threshhold with modifications.

Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread