Well guys i did it, i BLEW my motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimh

Established Member
V8Mustang said:
Since this thread has gotten off track I may as well ask if there is a way to make the car near "beat-proof" before I take mine in for warranty work? Eliminating boost would be the best way. I figure there probably is but if the dealer notices whatever that may be, they may deny any warranty work saying I had mods.

I may be paranoid but I have a few friends that have worked as mechanics at various dealers for many years and I heard stories like what you mentioned. Unfortunately for me, I bought the car new ('04 about two weeks ago) but it had 150 miles on it and the trans is noisy and the right side of the engine ticks. No telling how it was beat before I bought it. It needs to go in but who knows what will be done after I leave.

Put the emergency spare on one of the back wheels with a wheel lock.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
Dude I agree that doing that stuff on the street is stupid and dangerous and it should be taken to the track but when you bash guys for doing the same thing you do it's not right. If you've only done a high speed blast once then what is this.

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=141746

Dan, I met your friend Rick (with the red 04) last night at the Parkway Tavern, man is that dude funny!

That's it...that's the time. And you will note in the thread that it didn't take me long to decide I was going way too fast...near 100 mph. And I sure didn't get anywhere near 160...never...ever...let alone several times.

Believe me...it may be the pot calling the kettle black...but I realized in a quick hurry the foolishness and stupidity of it all and lifted quick. Besides, I was whipped. I don't claim to be perfect...and if I had been ticketed, I would have taken my medicine without complaint. If I had killed someone...I could never live with myself. God what a nightmare that would be.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I would think that one of these cars bone stock would survive being held WOT, however, without a screw type supercharger, added cooling, and better fuel system, I doubt that it has enough extra capacity to withstand doing so.

V8Mustang

Established Member
Put the emergency spare on one of the back wheels with a wheel lock.
That is a good idea but I would never drive it more than a mile like that due to clutch wear in the diff. However, I could have my wife follow me to the dealer and we could stop across the street and change the tire...

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
Probably but there were at least two high speed blasts in that one encounter alone.

No no...just the one run up into 3rd gear...and not even all the way into 3rd. (1) I was beat...(2) It was too fast for a public street and I got the hell out of the throttle and slowed my butt down. So did the GT. I finally caught him a couple of miles down the road.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
No no...just the one run up into 3rd gear...and not even all the way into 3rd. (1) I was beat...(2) It was too fast for a public street and I got the hell out of the throttle and slowed my butt down. So did the GT. I finally caught him a couple of miles down the road.

OK, I see-I stand corrected. I think it's safe to say that probably every member of this site has done at least one stupid thing in their car on a public highway, but I just hate to see the thread turn into a war of morals.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
OK, I see-I stand corrected. I think it's safe to say that probably every member of this site has done at least one stupid thing in their car on a public highway, but I just hate to see the thread turn into a war of morals.

I will agree with you 100%. And believe me...when I was his age I did some very stupid things. (Like diving off the top of an 80 foot bridge...and having to clear the powerlines below us before we hit the water) But the smartest thing I did was get involved in NHRA Stock Eliminator racing. Kept me off the streets. When I couldn't afford that any longer, I rode sleds for my kicks. Nothing like going 100 mph over an open field with your butt less than a foot off the snow.

I should have chosen my words more carefully, but I have to tell you... the thoughts of 160 mph on the streets just terrified me...made my stomach turn over. Then to see that video made me even sicker.

There is no one out there that understands the need for speed more than I do. I'm finally old enough to put it in it's place. When you're younger, you have no fear...that's part of being young. I honestly pray that that young man slows down and gets to grow old...and that no one around him loses that chance if he doesn't.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Closed at the request of the thread starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread