Well guys i did it, i BLEW my motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
BLWN03 said:
Driving over the speed limit is irresponsible however much over you are going..but we all do it..yes 160 is excessive but at 90mph if you lose control of your car..your done...I was a Volunteer EMT for 4 years..i saw horrific crashes from 40mph that you would think they were going 100mph..point is....if your gonna flame on somebody...don't come out and admit you yourself raced and went around 100mph...not very smart IMO... :bash:

exactly!!! .... some im guessing if you hate speeding so much rootus, and 04vert...then im sure you have 0 03-04 cobra racings videos...like none of blades, none of blwn03, lthl psi, griffin, svt dubs, etc... cause all they do is go over the speed limit... cause if im correct on what your sayin, then those videos would be stupid and dangerous, so you wouldn;t like them :nono:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
BLWN03 said:
You can kill someone just as easy at 100 mph as he could at 160.....how about you blowing a tire?????

I love it..... do as i say not as i do !

I have driven my own car to 160...ONCE!!! it was 25 degrees out and i have MANY cooling mods..I.E. HE/ 2.5 gallon intercooler resevoir.....I only touched 160 an instantly backed out.....I am just as much a azzhole as anyone else who drives that fast.....but if your going to come on here and judge people... be prepared for the sarcasim to hit because you sure look like a fool typing you yourself went 100mph Racing and your telling him to take it to the track and stop being stupid,BUT atleast he won in the end...LMAO!!!!

:burn:

I absolutely agree with you. It was a stupid thing for me to do. But I did it...once! And it will never happen again. I'm smarter than that.

But just to prove my point a bit...take a look at the video he has posted. That is absolutely ludicrous!! Not only does he have someone in his car with him at that speed, but when the camera pops up to the windshield after the run, there's traffic on the road!!!

I expected the flames...and accept them. But every single one of you know that if someone passed you on the road at over 160 mph, your family in the car with you, you would think the same thing as I do.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
fubu795 said:
Gotcha, as I wrote above a few posts, theres a 3 lane highway just minutes from us and a huge straight away, we only go that fast late at night when theres barely anyone on the road.
I'm not you dad or anyone close to you, but please do me a favor. Don't play around on the street (any street) at 160. You not only put your own life in danger (tires do blow occasionally), but potentially someone else in danger as well. That car in front of you who forgot to put on his lights can appear REAL quick right in your path doing 160 when he's doing 50-55. Just something to think about. Bad things can happen when people least expect it. I hear news on the tv regularly about bad accidents that involve speed. And I will guarantee that not a one of them ever expected that they or anyone else would get hurt. Shit happens! You know, most of us love speed and the rush thereof, but tracks are built so that we can do it safely. There are guys here who go to the track almost weekly to enjoy the thrill. But most of them probably do not exceed 100 routinely on the street. I hope you think about it seriously.

P.S. - There was a photo posted recently of a clones Cobra 'R' that got creamed by a Volvo. He supposedly was only doing 15 mph or so, and the Volvo supposedly was only doing 40. The driver's side was not even recognizable. And then there's this recent sad story of a fatal accident where a Lightning slammed into an 18-wheeler doing 140. It is likely that neither the Cobra or Lightning driver ever saw it coming.
:(
http://www.click2houston.com/news/3932392/detail.html

fubu795

Banned
CobraBob said:
I'm not you dad or anyone close to you, but please do me a favor. Don't play around on the street (any street) at 160. You not only put your own life in danger (tires do blow occasionally), but potentially someone else in danger as well. That car in front of you who forgot to put on his lights can appear REAL quick right in your path doing 160 when he's doing 50-55. Just something to think about. Bad things can happen when people least expect it. I hear news on the tv regularly about bad accidents that involve speed. And I will guarantee that not a one of them ever expected that they or anyone else would get hurt. Shit happens! You know, most of us love speed and the rush thereof, but tracks are built so that we can do it safely. There are guys here who go to the track almost weekly to enjoy the thrill. But most of them probably do not exceed 100 routinely on the street. I hope you think about it seriously.

P.S. - There was a photo posted recently of a clones Cobra 'R' that got creamed by a Volvo. He supposedly was only doing 15 mph or so, and the Volvo supposedly was only doing 40. The driver's side was not even recognizable. And then there's this recent sad story of a fatal accident where a Lightning slammed into an 18-wheeler doing 140. It is likely that neither the Cobra or Lightning driver ever saw it coming.
:(
http://www.click2houston.com/news/3932392/detail.html

I completely understand bob, I did that video about 8 months ago and havent done it since, I was just curious to see what she would do. I do actually drive SANE beleive it or not, lol. I still occasionally do a 120 blast but thats it. Now that I have all this extra boost on tap with the HEATON, I don't wanna blow anything, yet anyhow.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
fubu795 said:
I completely understand bob, I did that video about 8 months ago and havent done it since, I was just curious to see what she would do. I do actually drive SANE beleive it or not, lol. I still occasionally do a 120 blast but thats it. Now that I have all this extra boost on tap with the HEATON, I don't wanna blow anything, yet anyhow.
Thanks my friend. By the way, do you ever race at a local track? Just curious.

Vince Vaughn

Confession

Gotta admit I was going 130+ last night at 1:00 AM giving a whooping to a little blue WRX STI.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I absolutely agree with you. It was a stupid thing for me to do. But I did it...once! And it will never happen again. I'm smarter than that.

Dude I agree that doing that stuff on the street is stupid and dangerous and it should be taken to the track but when you bash guys for doing the same thing you do it's not right. If you've only done a high speed blast once then what is this.

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=141746

Dan, I met your friend Rick (with the red 04) last night at the Parkway Tavern, man is that dude funny!

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:

But just to prove my point a bit...take a look at the video he has posted. That is absolutely ludicrous!! Not only does he have someone in his car with him at that speed, but when the camera pops up to the windshield after the run, there's traffic on the road!!!

I expected the flames...and accept them. But every single one of you know that if someone passed you on the road at over 160 mph, your family in the car with you, you would think the same thing as I do.

Ahhhh...but you never metioned if there were families around you going 100mph RACING another car....c'mon man just realize not to pass judgement on people if you yourself do the same dumb shizit every other Testosterone fueled male with a fast car does. If you don't race or drive fast why didn't you buy a Toyota carolla?.........cause they're SLOW!!! :D ....see my point.

I think you'll think before you type a hypocritical statement like that again..cause azzholes like me who are sarcastic smartass' love these kinds of opportunities...No hard feelings....just my opinion being stated of course.... :banana:

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
FireRed04Vert
Crazy SVT Poster

Car: 2004 Cobra Convertible Cobra vs. 4.6 2v GT...ouch!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was stopped at the light getting ready to enter the freeway onramp. It was a two lane entry and me and a white GT were first in line and next to each other. He blips his throttle...sounds good...but I think...what in the world is he thinking??? The light turns green and we make the left onto the ramp. I shift into second gear and he pulls up along side me. I nod at him and he nails it...then I nail it...and my car jumps hard on him. I glanced at my boost guage and it's almost 10 lbs. I short shift the car into 3rd about 5800 and it jumps on him again. I'm far enough ahead of him I'm about to lift when I catch something out of the corner of my eye. I glance over and here that sob comes!! And I mean hard!! By the time I'm near the top of 3rd, he's pulled ahead of me and he just keeps on truckin'. Now I'm definitely ready to lift because we're going WAY to fast...and he's a lot faster than I am! I don't know if he was centrifugally charged, had juice, or what, but he definitely handed me my ass in my hand. I finally caught up with him and gave him a thumbs up and he smiled back at me.

I think Rob and Dean here have worked their magic on it. I'm totally stock except for a FR500 cat back, but still...this car was amazing...and such a sleeper. I give him his props. Cobra...Mach 1, GT...it doesn't matter. These are all great cars with incredible potential. Stock for stock, the Cobra outperforms them all on a drag strip or road course (proven by many), but you pay for that performance. Add the cost of the Cobra to mods by the other models, and they're all supercars.

:nono:

:loser:

:bash:

:bs:

AHHHHH hahahahahaha...BUSTED Mr..SAFTEY concious....LMFAO!!!!!

Damn those GT's are beating up on your poor car.......0-2 i guess!

DOH!

Last edited:

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
I got into this one a little late. I have been reading all over in the forums about #7 and #8 meltdowns. I think I even read about some that weren't even from high speed runs for periods of time. If for some reason it is found out that the Ford pistons are defective for sure, what do you guys (those of us with pulley and etc mods) think our chances will be with Ford covering our cars under warranty? Of course this only applies if we have that problem.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
De-mod and you should be fine....my dealership is totally fine with it..afterall...they do get paid for working on our cars...i look at it as i'm helping the economy..i break something..they get paid to fix it...they spend their paychecks...see where i'm going with this.....I know its a different view...LOL

Jay

PS... so far i have had my car serviced for..

New windshield..(factory defect)
rear diff cover leak
broken fastener for the pass side ground effect molding
alternator
steering rack squeak

.......all with mods listed in sig....

Last edited:

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
BLWN03 said:
De-mod and you should be fine....my dealership is totally fine with it..afterall...they do get paid for working on our cars...i look at it as i'm helping the economy..i break something..they get paid to fix it...they spend their paychecks...see where i'm going with this.....I know its a different view...LOL

Jay

I guess I should have clarified my situation. I work for a Ford dealership and they know what I have. Damn I should have left the hood down after I swapped the pulley! :bash: Ah... I think my guys would take care of me. I just got to thinking if a Ford rep wanted to come down and inspect one of our cars they would instantly look for any kind of tampering or modding. You know what happens at that point......sorry you no have warranty! Thanks for your input though :thumbsup:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
Dude I agree that doing that stuff on the street is stupid and dangerous and it should be taken to the track but when you bash guys for doing the same thing you do it's not right. If you've only done a high speed blast once then what is this.

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=141746

Dan, I met your friend Rick (with the red 04) last night at the Parkway Tavern, man is that dude funny!

That's probably the race that he was talking about.......notice he said he got beat in both of them and then realized what he was doing and lifted.....

Not taking anybody's side....just trying to point out the facts.....

Edit: BTW Saleen best of luck man, I'd do the same thing if I was in your shoes man. I'd de-mod my car ALL the way back to stock and take it in hoping they warrantee my motor. I used to work @ a Ford dealership down here and listen to them turn people away for rediculous reasons and laugh about it later.....those same techs would call the customer's up and offer to do the work on the side for cheaper to put some $ in their pockets. Some, not all, dealerships are shady when it comes to warrantee work so I wouldn't hesitate to put my car back to stock and hope I get a new motor if something would happen to mine if I was in your place....

Last edited:

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
99SERPENT said:
I guess I should have clarified my situation. I work for a Ford dealership and they know what I have. Damn I should have left the hood down after I swapped the pulley! :bash: Ah... I think my guys would take care of me. I just got to thinking if a Ford rep wanted to come down and inspect one of our cars they would instantly look for any kind of tampering or modding. You know what happens at that point......sorry you no have warranty! Thanks for your input though :thumbsup:

I guess you could always try..but i was totally up front with my service manager...told him everything about the car and then he wanted a ride in it...lol..needless to say i got lucky with my local dealership...very cool guys.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
96stanggt said:
That's probably the race that he was talking about.......notice he said he got beat in both of them and then realized what he was doing and lifted.....

Not taking anybody's side....just trying to point out the facts.....

Probably but there were at least two high speed blasts in that one encounter alone.

fubu795

Banned
BoneCrusher said:
Probably but there were at least two high speed blasts in that one encounter alone.

Wanna hit 22 tonight and do some racing Mike, I'm thinkin whoever gets to 160 first wins......

EDIT: Maybe i'll PM Rootus and see if he wants to tag along, I could use a camera man :)

Last edited:

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
This whole argument is pointless. Those of you who want to justify driving 160, go ahead and keep trying. Explain to yourself the difference between a 30 mph closure rate (speeding at 100 mph) and a 90 mph closure rate (speeding at 160 mph).

And on the original topic of the blown motor, just pony up and pay for it. You seem to think that Ford should pay for it, even though YOU broke it. I can understand your reasoning, flawed though it may be, because you are staring at a fairly large bill and it scares you. That does not make it right, however.

To those that think Ford should pay, please think that through. Where do you think Ford gets the money to pay for his repair? From YOU. I'm all for having warranty coverage, and I'm willing to pay the extra bucks when I buy the car -- it's insurance, basically. I am not interested in financing someone else's hobby though. If you can't afford to pay for your hobby out of your own pocket, find something cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread