Well guys i did it, i BLEW my motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
Zinc03Cobra said:
I hope you get your engine replaced.
Yeah, and I hope he has to pay for it out of his own pocket. If Ford pockets the bill, it's just going to make the next Cobra cost even more. People seem to think Ford has money growing on trees or something. No, they don't ... it all comes from us one way or another. If you want to pulley your Cobra, and run it at 160 mph repeatedly, pull out your pocket book. It's dishonest to try and make Ford pay for that.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Zinc03Cobra said:
any news from the rep? The SVT tech took two days to look my motor over. Found nothing, nor any abuse. I didn't melt pistons though. Heat sucks. Let us know when you can what's going on. I hope you get your engine replaced.

yea im still waiting... he came today and took pics...but no word yet :pop:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Rootus said:
Yeah, and I hope he has to pay for it out of his own pocket. If Ford pockets the bill, it's just going to make the next Cobra cost even more. People seem to think Ford has money growing on trees or something. No, they don't ... it all comes from us one way or another. If you want to pulley your Cobra, and run it at 160 mph repeatedly, pull out your pocket book. It's dishonest to try and make Ford pay for that.

well i hope tomorrow when you get in your cobra to drive it, that some accidentally took ur oil drain plug out, and u drive around for 20 minutes without oil, and ur motor blows up, so u gotta pay for it out of ur pocket :bash:

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
well i hope tomorrow when you get in your cobra to drive it, that some accidentally took ur oil drain plug out, and u drive around for 20 minutes without oil, and ur motor blows up, so u gotta pay for it out of ur pocket :bash:
If you fail to understand the difference in your situation and the one you just wished on me, then you are truly as stupid as you sound.

fubu795

Banned
Rootus said:

Well reguarless weather it was caused from the 160 blast or not, the failure was his 7 and 8 pistons which are a KNOWN issue with many cobras if you ever take the time and do some research. Yes it may be his fault, or maybe not. I've done plenty of 160 blasts and I know alot of people here have too, some just won't admit to it.

His car always made a slight tapping noise from day 1, ford always told him dont worry, its just the head tick. Well it eventually got louder and then ford realized it was the pistons.

If in fact it is his fault, atleast he admits to it. Ford knows damn well they've always had piston 7 and 8 problems, its nothing new. I wouldnt have replied to this message if the problem was something else, like maybe rods or different pistons.

Dan.......

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Rootus said:
If you fail to understand the difference in your situation and the one you just wished on me, then you are truly as stupid as you sound.

oh man u got me on that 1, im so hurt :loser:

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
fubu795 said:
Well reguarless weather it was caused from the 160 blast or not, the failure was his 7 and 8 pistons which are a KNOWN issue with many cobras if you ever take the time and do some research. Yes it may be his fault, or maybe not. I've done plenty of 160 blasts and I know alot of people here have too, some just won't admit to it.

His car always made a slight tapping noise from day 1, ford always told him dont worry, its just the head tick. Well it eventually got louder and then ford realized it was the pistons.

If in fact it is his fault, atleast he admits to it. Ford knows damn well they've always had piston 7 and 8 problems, its nothing new. I wouldnt have replied to this message if the problem was something else, like maybe rods or different pistons.

Dan.......

These cars have lots of KNOWN problems. Don't you guys think assloads of sustained very high speed runs will exacerbate these problems? I do.

If you know these problems exist the smart thing is to address (read fix) them before abusing the living shit out of the car.

Last edited:

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
This sound like a post I made last year!!! 160+ Blast....Tick Tick Tick....Dealer voids warranty....10K.... .20 over J&E pistons and 3 months later...here I am...

Look. I went through the same SH!T and it SUCKS! To all the rest that say "YOU PLAY YOU PAY" ....F Off....I will go out to say that ALL of the 03 Cobra will, at one point in the cars life, will blow #7-#3 or #8-#4 (They are interconnected). The Pistons are the WEAKEST link of this engine....They are Teflon coated and when heated, Just like the Teflon on your cooking pans at home, it WILL brake down causing the INFAMOUS "TICK" noise that FORD says is the head....In some cases, NOT MINE, some tunes will run lean and cause this to happen sooner....

TO ALL READING THIS..MARK MY WORDS...THE PISTONS WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED AT SOME POINT.........

SALEENGTROUSH...I feel your Pain....Also Welcome to the club...

The $50K Cobra Club

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
SmokenGRA03 said:
This sound like a post I made last year!!! 160+ Blast....Tick Tick Tick....Dealer voids warranty....10K.... .20 over J&E pistons and 3 months later...here I am...

Look. I went through the same SH!T and it SUCKS! To all the rest that say "YOU PLAY YOU PAY" ....F Off....I will go out to say that ALL of the 03 Cobra will, at one point in the cars life, will blow #7-#3 or #8-#4 (They are interconnected). The Pistons are the WEAKEST link of this engine....They are Teflon coated and when heated, Just like the Teflon on your cooking pans at home, it WILL brake down causing the INFAMOUS "TICK" noise that FORD says is the head....In some cases, NOT MINE, some tunes will run lean and cause this to happen sooner....

TO ALL READING THIS..MARK MY WORDS...THE PISTONS WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED AT SOME POINT.........

SALEENGTROUSH...I feel your Pain....Also Welcome to the club...

The $50K Cobra Club

hahah AWW NO1!!!!...well how much was all the rebuild stuff, cause i gotta start saving :bash:

FordFreak

Established Member
Rootus said:

That was a stupid thing to say. So everyone should be honest and up front with Ford when they have problems like this? Everyone knows this is a serious problem with a lot of cars.
They lie to us and sweep our problems under the rug, daily!

Ford doesnt care about its customers! They want your money. Trust me... Thats what it all comes down to. Money money money.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Rootus said:
Wow, it's getting kinda slobbery in here... you want to take this to the phone instead? Might be better in real-time...

i actually would love to, BUT since im paying for my motor out my pocket, i cant afford a telephone :rollseyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread