Well....I sold my EVO...

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
and I'm getting back into another Cobra. :)

I bought a Zinc Yellow Cobra when they first came out and had nothing but problems with it and I ended up getting rid of it within the first 5-6 months off owning it. I've had my EVO for almost 4 years and its been problem free the whole time. I guess I just grew tired of it.....I don't know.

I come across a really good deal on a low mileage 04' silver Cobra with a few mods and I'm gonna pick it up (hopefully) this Sat. I just hope I have better luck with it than I did my last one. The Cobra and EVO are the only two cars that I would own on the market so I didn't make any sense to sell a perfectly good EVO and turn around and buy another.

venmos1

Established Member
good choice. ive thought about selling my cobra but after reading problems that other cobra owners have with their cars, and not having any with my car i erased all those thoughts of getting rid of it. My car has 11k miles on it, problem free(knock on wood) and is completely stock. it took a lot of searching but they are out there. good luck

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Well this one has 21K on it. I know the owner and he has taken good care of the car. He broke the rear end or drive shaft last year at the track, but it was fixed under warrenty by Ford. He hasn't had it at the track at all or done a launch with the new stuff on it. I think the 03's were more prone to having issues with the heads and such so I feel confortable getting this one. My old 03' would puff blue oil smoke on start up with about 5000 miles on it and it was 100% stock.

1OSStang7

Good luck with the new Cobra, hopefully it can treat you as well as the EVO seems to have (problem wise). :thumbsup:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Congrats dude. I contemplate the same move often. My 03 Cobra was problem free, but my knee was really crappy back then so i couldn't really drive the car without being in pain so I got rid of it, I regret that move all of the time. I have only had my Evo for 8 months but it has treated me right. I just would rather have my Cobra back.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm hoping to get it on Sat, but the dealer is being a bunch of cockmasters. The guy has 3 months left on the lease and they are telling me I can't just buy the lease out. He has to buy it out. So that means I have to wait for him to get a loan and for our schedules to mesh together to get it all done. I'm a Ford employee and my family all has bought vehicles from this dealer. If they try to screw me I'll make sure none of my family or freinds buys another car or truck from them.:cuss:

Hey posi.....where in KY do you live?

Users who are viewing this thread