Well, I Went To The Wedding...

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Just want to start by saying thanks to everyone for giving your insight and opinion on that "True Love Marrying Someone Else" thread/poll.

The wedding was Sunday but I was late...real late...late like missed the entire wedding late. :( I had a 2 hour drive which had a lot to do with it. What clinched it was when I got to my mom's place, showered, and changed. Put on the new suit (black Hugo Boss for $180...d/mn I love outlet stores :-D ) and the bergundy shirt, no tie. Go to don the black shoes and realize I didn't bring 'em. Nor did I bring socks. Yep...I'm an idiot. :nonono:

Anyway, I haul a-- to the mall and pick up the first pair of nice black dress shoes I could find. I get to the church 1.5 hours late thinking I'd catch at least the pronouncement of man and wife. No such luck b/c the wedding started on time. They were getting into the limo when I pull into the parking lot like a bat outta he//. Probably looked like a movie. I should've jumped out, stood on the hood of the car, and made an emotional statement...lol

They look over at me getting out the car and this guy still looks like he wants to fight me or something. :shrug: Idiot. Anyway, my friend gives me this You're late!! look and gets into the limo. Her new hubby gets in after her but the b/stard shot me a dirty look. I never did anything to this guy!

I didn't plan on going to the reception but did since I missed the ceremony. It was very nice. Catered, waiters, the whole nine. I didn't stay for dinner but I got a moment to speak to my friend and her new husband. She berated me for being late for everything (which is actually true) and we hugged (like a brother-sister kinda hug) and I told her congratulations.

I shook the guy's hand and told him to take care of my friend and he said he'd have it no other way. So, that was that. I gave them their gift ($100.00 but only $50 was from me -- the other $50 was from my mom and grandparents) and left after about 20 minutes. Pretty anti-climatic.

Anyway, just wanted to give you the update. BTW, nothing else went as planned last week either. No car in my price range was found at auction so I'm still in the Cav, and I won't be starting classes until August because I'll miss the Summer Session II deadline. :shrug: Quite a week.

GoatDaddy

Man, Z, that sounds pretty crazy. I don't know the whole story so I"m out of the loop. PM me the details if you have time, becuase it sounds interesting. Maybe you can write a short story on it. Changing the names, locations, etc, of course ;)

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
Anyway, I haul a-- to the mall and pick up the first pair of nice black dress shoes I could find. I get to the church 1.5 hours late thinking I'd catch at least the pronouncement of man and wife. No such luck b/c the wedding started on time. They were getting into the limo when I pull into the parking lot like a bat outta he//. Probably looked like a movie. I should've jumped out, stood on the hood of the car, and made an emotional statement...lol

Kinda reminds me of The Graduate LOL. Oh well, Jay, you went and it's over. Now you can devote time to your new girl. :thumbsup:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Alex and Dan, thanks guys. :beer:

Ben, I'll PM the details and post the first a link to the first thread once I find the thing. A lot of threads since then...lol :)

Mary, "The Graduate"...LOL :lol1: As for my current girlfriend, believe me, she has my full, undivided attention. I couldn't be happier and its all because of her. BTW, she didn't go to the wedding with me. Her school is out of state and she was way too busy with moving and work. But she did help me look for a gift, though we didn't find anything.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I'm glad it worked out well. You made the right decision by not beating the snot out of the guy when he was giving you dirty looks.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Thanks, Mike. I figure let the guy be mad. That's his problem at this point. He loves her and treats her like a princess so that's all I can ask.

Callie, thanks. And, hey, what's wrong with the Cav? Its 2.3 liters of hamster-like fury...lol :burnout:

GoatDaddy

Thanks for the link, Jay. I feel for you, but you definitely took the high road by not pounding the guy on his wedding day.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
Chevrolet had alot to do with it.
:lol: I'm hurt by that...lol

Ben, its his right to be p/ssed at me for some unannounced reason. :shrug: I'd never get in someone's face for that. Besides, if I was hositle in anyway towards him then its perceived as jealousy so everyone would think I'm an a**hole. AND NO! PEOPLE DO NOT THINK THAT ALREADY! I'm heading that joke off at the pass...lol

Last edited:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
Thanks, Mike. I figure let the guy be mad. That's his problem at this point. He loves her and treats her like a princess so that's all I can ask.

Callie, thanks. And, hey, what's wrong with the Cav? Its 2.3 liters of hamster-like fury...lol :burnout:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Props to ya many Z's......:beer: A class act for ya to go to begin with:thumbsup:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
its a good thing u showed up. Kind of a good door closer on a relationship. Leave it as friends and wish them luck. If it doesnt work you can be there in the end. Fate is what you make of it.

zzzzzer

Established Member
You did great Jay. Don't sweat the other guy. He's obviously jealous of you. It's nice that you went. - Larry

Thanks, Mr. Ambassador. :beer: And I have no idea what he's jealous of. :idea: Hey, maybe its my post count! I hit 3,000 and he started posta-hating my mAd tYte 4Rum sKiLLs, yO. Werd to the moderators. :lol1: I'm sure that's it. :)

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Hey, thanks Fangs. :beer:

Ghoust, you're right about it bringing closure. One thing is certain -- everything happened just as it was suppose to. Besides, she's ecstatic about starting a family. She always wanted to be a mom and she'll be a great one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread