Well, she has a warped head... (pics inside)

1997stang

Established Member
Well i took her to the shop, found out about two days ago one of the heads is warped. Went up and took some pictures of it to share with you guys. Has this ever happened to any of you? :shrug:

By the way, just put that centerforce dfx in last week! :rockon:

Last edited:

Kreep306

Established Member
Thats the first time I've seen a DOHC motor pulled out the front. Hope everything goes well, btw did your mechanic have to remove or adjust the brake booster?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Ouch. I should have a Set of 03 Cobra heads for sale if your interested in them

1997stang

Established Member
Thanks for the offer man, but i just sent it to a machine shop and had them shaved. She should be done within the week!

SlowSVT

Established Member
How did you end up with a warped head?

+1

Did that occur on just one head? You may have an issue with the otherside. How is the deck on the block?

What are the mods on your mill? A DXF clutch is a fairly radical set-up and should only be used on a 600+ hp engine. Providing some details would go a long way to make sure you don't have issues down the line.

1997stang

Established Member
Ya the head on the driver side warped because the car overheated :bash: Their was air in the cooling system causing it to overheat. In these aluminum engines the heat makes the heads expand twice as fast and when overheating happens it warpes the heads quickly. It overheated and all i did was drive it home and this happened. Maybe if the damn emissions werent so bad they could have the cars run cooler! The only reason the car factories make cars now run at about 220 degrees is because it burns off alot of the chemicals and stuff. I have a 1963 tr4 and it runs at 165 :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread