Well, that was a close one!

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
So, I drove to work today for the first time since last November. And I'm sitting (first) at a stoplight in the middle lane with a beat up Honda sporting a fart pipe to my immediate left. I figure he might make a run for it, so I've got my eye on him. Light changes and sho nuff, he takes off hard (as hard as a POS Civic can, anyhow).

I take off regular and his rear bumper is about at my front bumper when he swerves into my lane. I'm thinking maybe torque steer? I let off the gas and he comes over even more, now I'm thinking he is trying to goad me? When, holy shit, he shoots across in front of me with sparks flying and no control whatsoever! He ground to a halt in the far right lane.

Apparently, his spindly little half shafts couldn't take the massive torque his 1.5 liter was putting to the ground! :bored: Thank goodness I had no inclination to play around, or this thread would be titled, "Wrecked my GT500 on it's first drive of the year.":fm:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
So, I drove to work today for the first time since last November. And I'm sitting (first) at a stoplight in the middle lane with a beat up Honda sporting a fart pipe to my immediate left. I figure he might make a run for it, so I've got my eye on him. Light changes and sho nuff, he takes off hard (as hard as a POS Civic can, anyhow).

I take off regular and his rear bumper is about at my front bumper when he swerves into my lane. I'm thinking maybe torque steer? I let off the gas and he comes over even more, now I'm thinking he is trying to goad me? When, holy shit, he shoots across in front of me with sparks flying and no control whatsoever! He ground to a halt in the far right lane.

Apparently, his spindly little half shafts couldn't take the massive torque his 1.5 liter was putting to the ground! :bored: Thank goodness I had no inclination to play around, or this thread would be titled, "Wrecked my GT500 on it's first drive of the year.":fm:

Holy cow!! That would have been a major disaster. Plus im sure cops would think you were racing.

Reminds me of this weekend. A SRT8 Jeep pulled along side of me and was egging me on. So I down shifted and punched it just messing around since he really wasnt worth the time. We get to a red light and I know he is gonna take off hard. So I kinda ease into it as the red light has a short left hand turn. So he takes off and just leaves me of course coming into my lane sort of. My radar goes off just after the curve and sure enough there was a cop just down the road waiting. Thankfully he had a street bike pulled over or should I say on a tow truck and a Z28 camaro with hood popped and people looking at it. Not sure what happened to them.

XtremeS10

Established Member
Wow that sucks

I had a ricer do a flyby on me and stomp his brakes to try and make me wreck we both come to almost a complete stop in a 55, but the truck that was behind us hauling the 30ft boat wasn't going to stop so easy, and I had to run out into the other lane of oncoming traffic while it was pretty much jack knifing tires smoking coming at us

Had another one on the highway where we raced and slowed down, and the truck was behind us this time in the other guys lane, he must have thought we were just speeding, and sped up to keep up, didn't see us slow down and caught up and had to jam his brakes leaving marks on the road and smoking the tires again to not rear end the other guy

Red10thcv

Established Member
Everyone WANTS to Race You.

Sitting at a light, I hear the truck beside me honks his horn and rev his motor. The passenger waves his hands wanting to race. I look over to see a crew-cab 4 door with 5 men sitting inside that is pulling a trailer with all their Lawn:smmon:Mower equipment. As Forrest Gump says "Stupid Is As Stupid Does." Watch out for these fools.

Imatk

Established Member
I pulled up to a redlight yesterday.

In the left lane was a Mustang GT, I'm guessing it was a 96-98 Mustang, and as I coast by he revs his engine LOUD.

Scared the crap out of me actually because I wasn't expecting it.

Now here's the thing.

He's in the left lane behind a minivan.

I'm in the right lane with no one in front of me... AND it's raining.

Sometimes I just don't get people I guess.

jsarkis

Established Member
I pulled up to a redlight yesterday.

In the left lane was a Mustang GT, I'm guessing it was a 96-98 Mustang, and as I coast by he revs his engine LOUD.

Scared the crap out of me actually because I wasn't expecting it.

Now here's the thing.

He's in the left lane behind a minivan.

I'm in the right lane with no one in front of me... AND it's raining.

Sometimes I just don't get people I guess.

He can't get anyone's attention in the GT w/ out being obnoxious :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread