Well the times come to make a decision

LS WUT

Established Member
@LS WUT The way I see it, if someone wants to steal the Hellcat, they will steal it one way or another. You could be at the mall and itll be gone by the time you come out shopping at Louis Vuitton.

All jokes aside, enjoy the car and just take extra precaution. Im sure chances of someone hitting the car and totaling it is higher than getting it stolen.
For sure man. Will do. The likeliness of it actually being stolen is so low.. it’s not like my chauffeur ever gets out of it. Only when he opens my door, throws the red carpet down, and throws rose pedals at my feet before I enter the Dolce store.

fitforspeed

Established Member
What’s up boys, so we all know that hellcats are of interest to people. According to some studies and rumors they’re the #1 most stolen vehicle in the country. This one hits close to home. My bestfriend and I have two black hellcats. He’s got a 2018 widebody hellcat challenger, and I have a 2016 hellcat charger. We always ride around together, cruise, get lunch etc. Well this morning at 1:22 his hellcat was stolen about a mile from my house. I guess the question remains, and or comes up. My ladyfriend and I love this hellcat. However there is so much theft going on, and it’s becoming more and more common in my area. There was a yellow challenger hellcat chopped up and ditched behind UTC towncenter mall. I don’t live in the ghetto, I live in a nice community. Obviously thieves don’t steal in their own hoods.

Do we sell the hellcat when the markets decent (now) or do we just make sure it’s always garages, kill switch it, etc?

When I had my challenger Dodge sent me a letter letting me know that if I wanted they could lock the cars computer. But the catch was once this is done you can no longer access it. So one would want to make sure you had extra spare keys made prior to doing that. You can also store your keys in a metal box that will block the fobs signal so would be thieves cannot boost the fobs signal. I was paranoid at first when I got my Redeye and had crazy locks( thick cable and chains) that I ran through and under seat frame around brake pedal and through the steering wheel. That didn’t last long as was too ridiculous to lock/unlock every time I wanted to drive it. Finally just decided well that’s what I pay insurance for. If it happens well it happens. Now if I had a ton of money tied up in a vehicle (mods)that insurance would not cover then that’s another consideration. Sounds like you have plenty of vehicles to choose from so it’s not like you won’t have something else to drive if one were to come up missing. It’s a car, replaceable. If it gets stolen you can buy my Trackhawk. There is always an upside to things if you look hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

LS WUT

Established Member
When I had my challenger Dodge sent me a letter letting me know that if I wanted they could lock the cars computer. But the catch was once this is done you can no longer access it. So one would want to make sure you had extra spare keys made prior to doing that. You can also store your keys in a metal box that will block the fobs signal so would be thieves cannot boost the fobs signal. I was paranoid at first when I got my Redeye and had crazy locks( thick cable and chains) that I ran through and under seat frame around brake pedal and through the steering wheel. That didn’t last long as was too ridiculous to lock/unlock every time I wanted to drive it. Finally just decided well that’s what I pay insurance for. If it happens well it happens. Now if I had a ton of money tied up in a vehicle (mods)that insurance would not cover then that’s another consideration. Sounds like you have plenty of vehicles to choose from so it’s not like you won’t have something else to drive if one were to come up missing. It’s a car, replaceable. If it gets stolen you can buy my Trackhawk. There is always an upside to things if you look hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
You’re indeed correct. If you look hard enough you can find the hood in anything. As I had stated somewhere in this funny thread. I do have that signal blocking box, I also have the signal blocking pouch that you can buy to block signals while the keys stored inside your home. I talked with her lastnight about it. She said she really wants to keep it, so for now we will keep pushing forward and just do our best to keep it safe. If a thief wants something, they’ll find a way. As you said, this is what insurance is for. If it happens, then onto the next.

Users who are viewing this thread