Well the times come to make a decision

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I've lived in several states in towns around 120K people. I'v been careful and intentional where I have chosen to raise my family. I haven't locked my cars or my doors in 25 years.

I call bullshit!

Does two women scissoring sound like an armpit farting contest?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Insure it for the max, maybe put a tracker in it, put a good alarm system in the garage. Cameras don’t help stop thieves, they are only useful after the fact. Keep your garage doors mechanically locked. Neighbour had his Maserati stolen out of his garage because they cloned his garage door opener . The thieves showed up around 2am opened the garage door and used the keys he had hanging on a hook in the garage to take the car and his wife’s SUV, not sure what it was but some high end SUV.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I've lived in several states in towns around 120K people. I'v been careful and intentional where I have chosen to raise my family. I haven't locked my cars or my doors in 25 years.
You must live in Paradise. Do you also leave your front house door wide open all day?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Some people put too much faith and trust in humanity. Locking doors merely take seconds.

I don't trust anyone and lock my truck doors in my driveway 24/7. House doors locked at night, that way if some decides to break in, I can pump them full of lead.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
Insure it for the max, maybe put a tracker in it, put a good alarm system in the garage. Cameras don’t help stop thieves, they are only useful after the fact. Keep your garage doors mechanically locked. Neighbour had his Maserati stolen out of his garage because they cloned his garage door opener . The thieves showed up around 2am opened the garage door and used the keys he had hanging on a hook in the garage to take the car and his wife’s SUV, not sure what it was but some high end SUV.
I’ve got full coverage on it for sure. The crazy things people can do these days with technology is insane isn’t it?

LS WUT

Established Member
Okay since this seems to have gone a bit to the left I’ll make this a bit more clear I reckon. Just to try and give you a better picture.

Yes, I live in a nice neighborhood which I have my home in. These are not trap house places, some of you have seen photos of my house. The neighborhood my buddies hellcat was stolen from was the next neighborhood over. If any of you have google earth, or even know much about Florida look up Desoto lakes, and Lakewood ranch. That’s the area the cars are in. So to make this more clear. Yes I have my house with a 2 car garage which houses my white cobra, and generally my black cobra. Then I’ve got my other cars either parked right outside of the garage, or at my apartment 1.1 miles away. In once again you guessed it. A nice apartment complex that’s blocked off. I also have a garage at the apartment in which the hellcat sits in after I get off of work. The GT500 gets driven by my ladyfriend when she wants to drive it. After that it parks in front of the garage where the hellcat is stored generally covered up. I’m looking into getting another separate “detached” garage for the GT500 also. My lease is up in November for my apartment. Yes I kept the apartment separate from my house because she’s a ladyfriend. I didn’t want to move someone into my house until I was certain. I know how shit goes down. I keep it separate. At my home I’ve got my backyard on the left side with a hurricane proof stable for the motorcycles. Yes there is cameras, yes I do feel safe at either. I was merely asking other enthusiasts with the recent events what would their take on it be. Would you keep a car that’s heavily stolen, or would you let it go so you don’t have to deal with the anguish of a car being stolen possibly and dealing with that. As I also have stated I have recently been looking into a shop of sorts about 4 miles away from me to store the cars and ensure they’re always garages and under surveillance. I hope this makes it more clear.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Thieves can and will steal virtually any car, all you can do is slow them down or make your neighbours vehicle look more appealing because it’s easier to grab. As far as keep it or let it go, if you still enjoy driving it, keep it. If the blush is off the rose so to speak, let it go to a new home and get something else. You’re not going to deter a determined thief in any case, drive what you like and do your due diligence to keep it safe

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Okay since this seems to have gone a bit to the left I’ll make this a bit more clear I reckon. Just to try and give you a better picture.

Yes, I live in a nice neighborhood which I have my home in. These are not trap house places, some of you have seen photos of my house. The neighborhood my buddies hellcat was stolen from was the next neighborhood over. If any of you have google earth, or even know much about Florida look up Desoto lakes, and Lakewood ranch. That’s the area the cars are in. So to make this more clear. Yes I have my house with a 2 car garage which houses my white cobra, and generally my black cobra. Then I’ve got my other cars either parked right outside of the garage, or at my apartment 1.1 miles away. In once again you guessed it. A nice apartment complex that’s blocked off. I also have a garage at the apartment in which the hellcat sits in after I get off of work. The GT500 gets driven by my ladyfriend when she wants to drive it. After that it parks in front of the garage where the hellcat is stored generally covered up. I’m looking into getting another separate “detached” garage for the GT500 also. My lease is up in November for my apartment. Yes I kept the apartment separate from my house because she’s a ladyfriend. I didn’t want to move someone into my house until I was certain. I know how shit goes down. I keep it separate. At my home I’ve got my backyard on the left side with a hurricane proof stable for the motorcycles. Yes there is cameras, yes I do feel safe at either. I was merely asking other enthusiasts with the recent events what would their take on it be. Would you keep a car that’s heavily stolen, or would you let it go so you don’t have to deal with the anguish of a car being stolen possibly and dealing with that. As I also have stated I have recently been looking into a shop of sorts about 4 miles away from me to store the cars and ensure they’re always garages and under surveillance. I hope this makes it more clear.
I can't comment on weather you should sell or keep the hellcat. But I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably at night wondering if/when my car is getting stolen.

I remember others mentioning this to you awhile back when you were asking about GT350's as you may want to buy one. People were mentioning that you should consider a bigger storage area of some sort before buying another car.

At least you are now looking into this. You will find out how nice it really is having all of your toys inside.

Priority #1 right now for you should be, either downsizing your stable for now, or buying/renting a place that's secure and keeping everything inside.

In no way would I have had more than two cars if I couldn't keep them inside. The 90 coupe was at a storage unit (that has security cameras) for less than two years. It wasn't an ideal place for long term storage, but did work for the short time.

LS WUT

Established Member
I can't comment on weather you should sell or keep the hellcat. But I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably at night wondering if/when my car is getting stolen.

I remember others mentioning this to you awhile back when you were asking about GT350's as you may want to buy one. People were mentioning that you should consider a bigger storage area of some sort before buying another car.

At least you are now looking into this. You will find out how nice it really is having all of your toys inside.

Priority #1 right now for you should be, either downsizing your stable for now, or buying/renting a place that's secure and keeping everything inside.

In no way would I have had more than two cars if I couldn't keep them inside. The 90 coupe was at a storage unit (that has security cameras) for less than two years. It wasn't an ideal place for long term storage, but did work for the short time.

It’s a tough choice for sure. I do often think of downsizing the stable into maybe something more realistic. I don’t drive some of them often at all.

To touch on what you mentioned about having a shop before buying a GT350, yes you’re correct. I had my cars either garaged, or under a tent covering for the time being. I had a shop before I had moved into my current home.

The home I was looking into purchasing and building turned into a wild goose chase, and they were fairly strict on cars. Didn’t realize it was a harsh HOA until we did a tour of the model home. They said they weren’t to bad. Turns out you can’t have more than 2 cars outside of your garage, No street parking and no work truck. So the hunt continues to find some land that’s not too far out so I can build my 50x100 shop. Got a few quotes for about $125k for all of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 55

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

A house with a garage.

An apartment with two garages.

All the cool cars.

Cool bikes.

To answer your question I wouldn't sell the car. Anything you own could get jacked. Take measures to keep the car safe and keep enjoying it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

A house with a garage.

An apartment with two garages.

All the cool cars.

Cool bikes.

To answer your question I wouldn't sell the car. Anything you own could get jacked. Take measures to keep the car safe and keep enjoying it.

No wife, no kids, no divorce. A supportive ladyfriend is a key. As I said before. Anytime you’re down, keys are yours bud.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
No wife, no kids, no divorce. A supportive ladyfriend is a key. As I said before. Anytime you’re down, keys are yours bud.
Trade ya a wife and kid for a car!

Thanks brother man, supper on me if it ever happens.

Users who are viewing this thread