Well the times come to make a decision

LS WUT

Established Member
Maybe move out of shit hole cities?

Then again, I don't want people ok with living in shit hole cities to move into my small town. Go ahead and stay right there. Live it up and embrace the suck.
I live in Sarasota, florida. Furthest thing from a shit hole. I don’t live in some podunk town.

LS WUT

Established Member
Idk man, I know the car has a lot of sentimental value, but jesus you just listed step by step on how easy it is to steal your own car. I'd be paranoid no matter where I went.
Car is sentimental yes. I merely listed what’s common knowledge on any YouTube video you’ll ever look up. In the hellcat forum there is a thread for stolen hellcats alone. Sure it could be said I bought a car knowing it can be stolen, and is pretty sought after in the thief community. I’ve taken as many precautions I could to prevent it. I can’t vouch for my buddy since he didn’t have the stuff I had. However even with what I have, they don’t need it anymore. They make their own keys on the spot. I’m looking into kill switches and things of that nature. I’m just trying to get some others insight if they were in my situation. Would they let it go, and cash out. Or would they hunker down and enjoy the car. As stated before if it gets stolen it will be a pay out regardless. To be clear my ladyfirend will be the one devastated. This was her dream car, I just helped get it for her so we can enjoy it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is sentimental yes. I merely listed what’s common knowledge on any YouTube video you’ll ever look up. In the hellcat forum there is a thread for stolen hellcats alone. Sure it could be said I bought a car knowing it can be stolen, and is pretty sought after in the thief community. I’ve taken as many precautions I could to prevent it. I can’t vouch for my buddy since he didn’t have the stuff I had. However even with what I have, they don’t need it anymore. They make their own keys on the spot. I’m looking into kill switches and things of that nature. I’m just trying to get some others insight if they were in my situation. Would they let it go, and cash out. Or would they hunker down and enjoy the car. As stated before if it gets stolen it will be a pay out regardless. To be clear my ladyfirend will be the one devastated. This was her dream car, I just helped get it for her so we can enjoy it.
I get it. Just make sure you stay on top of those insurance payments.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I live in Sarasota, florida. Furthest thing from a shit hole. I don’t live in some podunk town.

And yet.... you worry about your stuff being stolen by morally corrupt people in your neighborhood. You might have a nice house surrounded by trash people, and you all live in the same shit hole, some live in nice houses.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What you need is a good Karen. When we moved into our house we had a Karen across the street. We didn't talk for years. Now we're all the time helping their old asses do the simpliest of shit. Karen aka Janet is always outside smoking...a retired Nurse. She keeps dibs on EVERYTHING. We went home to Florida one year and my new yard guy came by and she was hot on his ass. Like Karen....if anything he is stealing leaves...let him. Holy Hell a Nightmare.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I went out to our impound lot just to see if, or how many, Hellcats were recovered from the night before, and/or early today, because it’s such a common occurrence. Sure enough, right there in the initial holding area I observed the following:

31C3DD29-DFD4-4476-BF11-74591447200A.jpeg

beau t

Established Member
On 1 of my old sport bikes i traced out the trigger wire going to the starter and added a flush mount toggle switch in it that was hidden and wouldn't let it start, I had about 8$ for a switch. I guess where I'm going with this is it dosen't cost a lot of money to make something inoperable. I don't think most thieves are going to waste time trying to troubleshoot why you get a no start but could waste the time tearing your vehicle up afterwards, maybe not what you want to hear but my 2 cents.

LS WUT

Established Member
On 1 of my old sport bikes i traced out the trigger wire going to the starter and added a flush mount toggle switch in it that was hidden and wouldn't let it start, I had about 8$ for a switch. I guess where I'm going with this is it dosen't cost a lot of money to make something inoperable. I don't think most thieves are going to waste time trying to troubleshoot why you get a no start but could waste the time tearing your vehicle up afterwards, maybe not what you want to hear but my 2 cents.
I appreciate the input, and actually adding something to it. I’ve got similar stuff on my sport bikes as well.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
And yet.... you worry about your stuff being stolen by morally corrupt people in your neighborhood. You might have a nice house surrounded by trash people, and you all live in the same shit hole, some live in nice houses.
Stupid reply, and you live in paradise cheesehead? Ever think these people stealing may come into the nicer areas looking for shit to boost, or is that above your comprehensive level?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe Brady (@Bdubbs) parks his cars in his new garage, which is not on his home property. It's only a minor inconvenience if you don't drive the Hellcat every day. It's an option to consider. Of course, be sure any garage you use has sufficient security to protect it from thieves. Sucks that we have to worry so much about thugs stealing what we work hard to own. Their philosophy.....why work when you can steal what you need. :mad:
Correct.

Our shop is about 1.4 miles from our house. I took the best measures in security that helps me sleep better at night.

We have two hardwired cameras and motion sensors inside the shop. We also have an alarm system. So someone can break in pretty easy, but the alarm will sound and notify the sheriff's department.

I have security stickers on a couple windows. The one thing I really would like to replace is the service door. I don't like that it has a window on it. Someone could break it, then open the door from the inside.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Stupid reply, and you live in paradise cheesehead? Ever think these people stealing may come into the nicer areas looking for shit to boost, or is that above your comprehensive level?
I've lived in several states in towns around 120K people. I'v been careful and intentional where I have chosen to raise my family. I haven't locked my cars or my doors in 25 years.

Users who are viewing this thread