Well the times come to make a decision

robvas

Established Member
You’re friends with a thief? That means you’re ok with it if you remained friends. Complicit if you didn’t turn his ass in.

Maybe I’m misreading your post but that’s how it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I didn't know he was doing it. Like I said he had been doing it for years I don't think anyone else knew.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
As @TK1299 stated. They’re beyond easy to steal. If you bust out the smaller back window on the chargers, or even the challenger. No alarm will sound. They have “neutral” straps that are so easily accessible you don’t even need tools. Pop that bad boy off, and pull the strap and you can just push it away. Now they’re just pulling the bottom panel off on the passenger floor board, accessing the PCM, making a new key and it’s theirs. Which is what happened to my buddies. I’ve got the ring videos, but I can’t post them unless I post them to YouTube and such first.
Post the videos on Youtube and drop a link

I didn't know he was doing it. Like I said he had been doing it for years I don't think anyone else knew.
I was going to ask the same thing as MG0h3.

I'd hope you are no longer friends with him if he's been doing this for years. I'd also hope he sees prison time for it.

A guy a hung out a bit with in HS was into Eclipses and all of a sudden he came to school one Monday morning in a real sad mood. Didn't take long for him to spill his guts that he got arrested over the weekend. Apparently he and another guy were stealing parts from other DSMs they would see parked at dealerships or repair shops.

He learned his lesson on that one and never did that shit again.

robvas

Established Member
Oh he's going to prison for sure.

He always had boats, quads, bikes, campers, toy haulers...I thought he was doing good with his business and that's just how he rolled.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Oh he's going to prison for sure.

He always had boats, quads, bikes, campers, toy haulers...I thought he was doing good with his business and that's just how he rolled.

What an embarrassing fall too - seemingly have everything and now going to prison and everyone knows it's was all due to him being a greedy thief. If he has wife/kids they are probably gone too.

Seems like it's playing with fire even if he didn't get caught when actually stealing them. He could never legitimately sell anything with a title and selling to dumbasses who don't care about having a title just expands the possibility of getting caught.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Had I kept my Hellcat I would have had this installed.

There is a guy on HDRams forum that makes a similar device on his own and sells them for about $150.

I have one installed on my 2021 DRW truck only because its super easy to steal modern Mopar vehicles.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
As @TK1299 stated. They’re beyond easy to steal. If you bust out the smaller back window on the chargers, or even the challenger. No alarm will sound. They have “neutral” straps that are so easily accessible you don’t even need tools. Pop that bad boy off, and pull the strap and you can just push it away. Now they’re just pulling the bottom panel off on the passenger floor board, accessing the PCM, making a new key and it’s theirs. Which is what happened to my buddies. I’ve got the ring videos, but I can’t post them unless I post them to YouTube and such first.
Idk man, I know the car has a lot of sentimental value, but jesus you just listed step by step on how easy it is to steal your own car. I'd be paranoid no matter where I went.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what area you live but i would try and get into a place that has a garage to accommodate all your rides or build something that will. For the HC specifically, i would have the very best insurance i could get in terms of theft at least.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Maybe move out of shit hole cities?

Then again, I don't want people ok with living in shit hole cities to move into my small town. Go ahead and stay right there. Live it up and embrace the suck.
He lives in Sarasota, hardly a shit hole. I've seen pictures of his place. I'm sure there are parts that are, like everywhere else.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Maybe move out of shit hole cities?

Then again, I don't want people ok with living in shit hole cities to move into my small town. Go ahead and stay right there. Live it up and embrace the suck.
They get stolen practically everywhere.... Dodge cars are one of the easiest stolen vehicles.

I like the route BMW is going. My wife's 330i also can be unlocked and driven with the NFC/UWB card and/or phone, no fob needed. They would need to be millimeters away to be able to transmit the signal and cant be hacked like a key fob when its at home sitting.

BMW keyfobs also stop transmitting signals if they dont experience any movement for 2 mintues. So much safer at home as well

Users who are viewing this thread