Went to BBR for an x-pipe, came out with a blower.

implosive

Established Member
Long story short, i went to BBR to pick up my x-pipe, and they gave me some tickets to a local show that was happening that they were attending. I went to the show and ended up meeting one of their friends with a 2011 gt with and edelbrock blower on it that he wanted to sell. Then about two weeks later....

edelbrockbay.jpg

frontshot.jpg

EdelbrockDyno.jpg

Power mods are : Edelbrock E-Force blower @ 5psi (stock pulley that comes on the blower), Competition intake, BBR dyno tune

All i can say is i'm officially in love with this car. The power is relentless all the way up to the limiter. Chris' custom BBR tune for this blower is flawless and the throttle response is perfect for making this car controlable yet insanely fun. The low end torque coupled with the throttle response from chris' tune makes this thing a monster of a street car, and super easy to drive around town in all at the same time. Chris, Liz, Steve, and John were a delight to work with and I can say without a doubt i will go to them for any major upgrades that i decide to do to the car.

One major thing i will say about chris and BBR is when i was undecided on whether to go with edelbrocks tune or to go with chris' tune he never once pushed me to do his tune. When i asked for his opinion he actually pushed more towards the edelbrock tune because I could always do a custom tune later if i ended up wanted more power and it wouldn't cost me any more money (I decided later i wanted to go with chris' tune since I already had the competition intake and I really wanted to use it, as well as make more power and retain that sweet bbr throttle response). This to me was a big deal, because all the other shops i went to did the exact opposite. When i was shopping for blowers and speed shops, i was looking at the 525 frpp kit. These certain shops didn't want to sell me the 525 kit and wanted me to run the 624 kit. On top of that they would tell me not to run the frpp tune and to have them custom dyno tune it. They really didn't give me any options on what I wanted to do. Instead they basically told me what they wanted to charge me for.

Anyway, I will be updating this thread in a day or two with in car video's of how this particular blower performs. That is one thing that I was looking for all over youtube that I just could not find for the life of me.

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
Nice! I wish the graph was SAE, but the numbers are nice for 5lbs :burnout:

If I can make a request, throw up a speedo vid if you can manage one safely.

acrbill

Established Member
1)I love the look of the engine bay. Very OEM.

2)The stripes look very cool too.

3)That power is nuts!

11dsgGT

Established Member
Looks like its supposed to be there!

Those are some impressive numbers for 5lbs of boost! I'll be looking forward to reading your update :)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
wow at 5psi that thing is a beast congrats on the new numbers

implosive

Established Member
Thanks guys! I can't stop looking for reasons to drive this thing. I will definitely get you guys some Speedo videos, and some better pictures of the black stripes

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
at 5 PSI those are some impressive numbers!

is your car stick? and did you end up putting on the X pipe? :)

implosive

Established Member
What were sae numbers? Those standard numbers are so inflated.

SAE is roughly 2.3-2.5% lower than STD.
Id say SAE he is somewhere around 530HP and 457TQ

Still impressive #'s for 5PSI F/I setup.

need moar boost.

^^^^ This

When this run was done, it was 87 degrees out with 29% humidity. Even if my "real" numbers are ~2% lower, ill take it! 530+rwhp and 450+rwtq from ~4k on a low and safe 5psi, what more could i ask for.

The car that this blower was on before made 635rwhp with I THINK the 3" pulley. I will defnitely EVENTUALLY up the boost, but for now this power feels amazing. I will definitely have to do a wheel and tire combo on this car sooner than later.

Not trying to hijack your thread but can you post some more pictures of your ride?

The stripes look Awesome!!

Thanks! I will snap some shots monday with my camera that I use for work. I've been taking pictures with my phones camera but rather put up some good shots.

implosive

Established Member
Yes this was time capsules kit, Adams a great dude! The car is a Manual with 3.73s

Users who are viewing this thread