Went to install predator tune and it said it wasn't licensed for this vehicle...

allmotorTA

Established Member
Hello,

I bought a predator tuner from someone on here and went to install it. BTW, he said it came with a custom amazon tune if that helps as well. When I went to install it it said it was not licensed for use with this vehicle. Now, I know you need to un-marry the predator from your car before you sell it, which I assume is what happened (he might have forgot) but could the fact that it is a custom amazon tune have anything to do with it? What if I reset all parameters so it is the base predator tune, then could I install it? I'm not too concerned about keeping the amazon tune as it will be modified anyways.

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
allmotorTA said:
Hello,

I bought a predator tuner from someone on here and went to install it. BTW, he said it came with a custom amazon tune if that helps as well. When I went to install it it said it was not licensed for use with this vehicle. Now, I know you need to un-marry the predator from your car before you sell it, which I assume is what happened (he might have forgot) but could the fact that it is a custom amazon tune have anything to do with it? What if I reset all parameters so it is the base predator tune, then could I install it? I'm not too concerned about keeping the amazon tune as it will be modified anyways.

Yea, it sounds like he forgot to unmarry it like you said. The manual states "The original factory tune can not be erased until it is restored back into vehicle, whenever the original factory tune is installed back into vehicle the predator will automattically reset itself so it can be used on other vehicles or the same vehicle again." Ricks custom tune shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Last edited:

allmotorTA

Established Member
I talked to him and he said it is definitely not married to his car anymore. We think the problem is that it is a custom amazon tune written for an 04 cobra and mine is an 03. Would this be a problem? I went to the custom amazon tune and reset all parameters hoping it would get rid of the amazon tweeks but it still wouldn't work. Also, and most importantly, I simply need to install the basic predator pulley tune, I don't need the amazon tune. The problem is, I can't find either the pulley or performance tunes that come with the predator in the first place. When you first plug it in it only gives you the options for a custom tune, diagnostics, or options. It doesn't display the pulley or performance tunes. Anybody know what I need to do?

1FastFord

Established Member
you have to remove the custom tune in order to get the default predator tunes. In one of the menus you should have an option to erase custom tune.

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
allmotorTA said:
I talked to him and he said it is definitely not married to his car anymore. We think the problem is that it is a custom amazon tune written for an 04 cobra and mine is an 03. Would this be a problem? I went to the custom amazon tune and reset all parameters hoping it would get rid of the amazon tweeks but it still wouldn't work. Also, and most importantly, I simply need to install the basic predator pulley tune, I don't need the amazon tune. The problem is, I can't find either the pulley or performance tunes that come with the predator in the first place. When you first plug it in it only gives you the options for a custom tune, diagnostics, or options. It doesn't display the pulley or performance tunes. Anybody know what I need to do?

If anything, give Rick a call up at 864 332 0955. He will gladly help you erase the custom tune. Yea, all you have to do to get the regular predator tune is erase the custom.

oldmodman

Established Member
Do you know if the factory tune is the same as what is in your car? Example, YDHO, YDH1, etc. They may need to be the same or the custom tune may not load either.

allmotorTA

Established Member
OK guys, I erased the custom tune and now the original diablo tunes are there now (pulley tune, stock hp tune, etc..). The problem is, I tried to install the pulley tune and it still said "This tool is not licensed for use with this vehicle". I don't know what to do. I think the guy I bought it from is going to give rick at amazon a call to try figure it out :beer:

PoisonSnake

Banned
When I go to Diagnostics and it says turn the ignition on, then I go to GAS FUEL it says "This is not compatable for this vehicle" and it doesn't work! Does that mean I have an unmarried predator as well? Why does all the options in Diagnostics not work? I all get the same message of it saying it's not compatable??

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
PoisonSnake said:
When I go to Diagnostics and it says turn the ignition on, then I go to GAS FUEL it says "This is not compatable for this vehicle" and it doesn't work! Does that mean I have an unmarried predator as well? Why does all the options in Diagnostics not work? I all get the same message of it saying it's not compatable??

Yea, give Rick a call. He helped me with the predator on Wed. Rick and Lynn are very customer friendly!

Users who are viewing this thread