Went to the track after first few mods!

Fernando@

Established Member
So I went back to the track after doing some suspension mods to the car and I must say I am very happy with how the car performed. Next up will be exhaust and tune. It's a 2014 GT Premium with track pack and the following mods.

Mods:

BMR LCA's with brackets
BMR pan bar
Ford Racing lowering springs K
Barton 2 post shifter bracket (MT-82)

Run's were made with stock tires.

DA was 457 ft.
Temp 66 degrees
Humidity 70%

On the 12.90 pass the mph feel due to shifting into 5th almost at the finish line.

c3222f8a-3215-477f-a781-d40c34c6a920_zps182a90ab.jpg

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
That's where i'm thinking my runs will be when I run it in its stock form. Exhaust and tune will wake that car up.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Not bad! I'm getting some people together to either go Dec 13th or Jan 3rd to OSW. It would be nice to have some fellow SVT members go to hang out with :beer:

01GTB

Established Member
Haven't been in years, but how bad is the crowd there now? When I was going circa 2001-2004 you would sometimes have people lined up past the gate. When it wasn't crowded, the staging lanes were still nearly full. I just got sick of going out there 5 or 6 times a month to get one or two runs. Then the track was shit to boot.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Bitch is hooking now! My car went 1.93 60 on stock pirellis on an "easy" launch. Dad's car was going 1.39 60's on the two step at 4000. A couple nitrous cars were going 0.95's during the street nationals.

Last time I was there, about a month ago, there were 60ish cars there. I could of had 7 runs that night but I was letting the car cool before passes.

I think a get together there on a TNT night would be sweet

65sohc

Established Member
What was your 60 ft. with stock suspension? Also, which hole do you have the relo brackets in?

Fernando@

Established Member
What was your 60 ft. with stock suspension? Also, which hole do you have the relo brackets in?

With stock suspension I did pull a few 2.0's but the wheel hop was terrible. Which is why I did the LCA's and bracket mod first. I have the LCA's on the middle hole.

OP, how is that Barton 2post bracket with the stock shifter? I have been considering this.

I am not a fan of using short shifters so I tried the Barton 2 post bracket to see how much better the shifting would be using the stock unit. The difference is huge :thumbsup: . I would recommend it to anyone using the stock MT-82 trans.

Last edited:

blackgasguzzler

Established Member
When you get the tune you won't have to worry about shifting before the line.

When you say large difference with the Barton, how large? I just that the bracket/2 post, and I'm looking forward to it.

Fernando@

Established Member
When you get the tune you won't have to worry about shifting before the line.

When you say large difference with the Barton, how large? I just that the bracket/2 post, and I'm looking forward to it.
\

Yeah I'm counting on that!

When I say large difference I mean that the stock feel is mush and if shifting spirited it can result on a missed shift. With the Barton bracket it feels sturdy and you fell confident the gears are going right in. More of a direct hit :rockon:

blackgasguzzler

Established Member
\

Yeah I'm counting on that!

When I say large difference I mean that the stock feel is mush and if shifting spirited it can result on a missed shift. With the Barton bracket it feels sturdy and you fell confident the gears are going right in. More of a direct hit :rockon:
Perfect, with the new clutch and shift forks, I think I'll finalyl be able to slam gears. I'm a little hesitant every time I'm going for it with the stock piece.

Users who are viewing this thread