WestWorld Sunday Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Spoiler and my crackpot theory.

Wonder is she was programmed from the get go to get off the train? Make her think she was in control but really Ford wanted her back in the park to control all the others hosts for the uprising? She has the power to change their settings and they listen to her. Plus shes hot...
Agreed. I don't think she was "truly" in control

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Dude! When they showed young William putting the black hat on for the first time! My mind exploded! How the heck did they entangle all that storytelling???
That caught me and my wife by complete surprise. The whole time I was like who the hell is this dude and what does he have to do with the show. Everything went full circle. The Arnold twist, we kind of had a feeling but William was completely unexpected till the last minute.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Season 2 : Rise of the Terminators

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

Wonder is she was programmed from the get go to get off the train? Make her think she was in control but really Ford wanted her back in the park to control all the others hosts for the uprising? She has the power to change their settings and they listen to her. Plus shes hot...

That was my opinion on it as well. "Arnold" had made a bunch of changes to her code, assuming that was Ford.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

She was definitely not in control. That was just another rewriting of her narrative. Bernard even tried to show her that she had been reprogrammed, but she refused to believe it. Killing of the board was just a plot for Ford to remain in control of the park and continue working on his new narrative(s).

Did anybody else catch the quick scene with the kabooki warriors where the one guy asked "What's that?" and the other one said "Don't worry about it." or something to that effect? I'm betting those warriors have a major part in the new narrative next season. The way this season went, I'm betting the next season will be mostly, if not all, new characters, and it'll be like this season never happened or the narratives never existed. Like a jump to a different universe.

RES0574

Established Member
Not if Ford's "host" double received the Lincoln treatment.......

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Between this and Vikings, Vikings wins. I have been watching Westworld since the first episode, and like others have said, it starts off slow but by episode 6 or 7 it gets interesting. Vikings is good from the get-go though.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Between this and Vikings, Vikings wins. I have been watching Westworld since the first episode, and like others have said, it starts off slow but by episode 6 or 7 it gets interesting. Vikings is good from the get-go though.

Last episode of Vikings was boring

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The writing and storytelling was fantastic. They gave a ton of hints since the beginning of what was going to happen. Imma have to rewatch the whole season again.

Dolores pretty much became Wyatt at the end, she became the villain of the new story and Teddy IMO will be the hero. This was also hinted in the beginning with the convo between Teddy and Ford when Ford tells Teddy that he will never be with her or something along those lines.

Maeve, in the end getting off the train was on her own conscious and not following orders that she was given. IMO I think it was Arnold who wrote that code for her.

Also looking forward on them exploring the other worlds next season and seeing who made it and who didnt. I still think the Hemsworth brother is still alive as well as the chick from the beginning.

Venimus03

Established Member
Just binged watched the season this past week. Bummer we're gonna have to wait till 2018 for S2.

Venimus03

Established Member

That was my thought. I think she was programmed the whole time.

hb712

Established Member

If you look at the programming, after "escape" it says "infiltrate mainland." I think she reached the center of the maze.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Dude! When they showed young William putting the black hat on for the first time! My mind exploded! How the heck did they entangle all that storytelling???

one thing i noticed right away though is that young william has a big old mole on his left cheek and old william does not. you dont just have those cosmetically removed lol. on one hand they should have put a mole on old will's cheek but on the other hand that would probably give it away too easily. would have been better to just cover young will's mole up like it never existed.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It's quite a ways in the future. Did you see how they heal wounds? If they want a mole gone, it's gone.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
It's quite a ways in the future. Did you see how they heal wounds? If they want a mole gone, it's gone.

so far they've only shown that being done on the "robots". no idea if that's supposed to be real flesh/blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread