• sell wet kit and buy a different dry kit

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
i currently own an nx wet kit with a digital msd window switch. im ready to spray the car and im debating converting the kit to dry. i know some guys are running wet kits too. what is your set-up and your opinion. also if i was to keep it what kind of shot should i run with a wet kit?

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
p.s. i tried this in the terminator section and got 1 responce. i thought maybe it would do better here.
thanks!!

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
I dont have a terminator but i have a zex dry kit and i have been through the wet before and just didnt like it. (NOw that is a personally opinion) I also know the 96-98 cobras have been known to puddle in the intake on a wet kit. The zex kit is so easy to install compared to the previous kits i have hooked up!! The zex kit also regulates the bottle pressure and the fuel pressure so they will never be off!! GReat kit hope everything works out for you!!

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
i hear conflicting opinions all the time.

98Rsnake

Grease Monkey
Established Member
zex actually reccomends that you do not use dry on forced induction applications aka supercharger, turbo. reason being a dry kit uses the injectors to supply the supplimental fuel and they are allready supplying extra fuel for the blower so you are stressing the injectors where wet just comes in with the nitrous. i ran a zex wet shot on my 98 for 6 months and had no problems with fuel puddeling just do not spray below 3000rpm. i sold my wet kit to a friend and he said the zex wet pulls a lot harder up top than his dry shot did. i would run a 50-75 shot on a terminator.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
you can do a post maf dry shot 98Rsnake, that has been pretty popular with the terminator guys

RixSikcobra04

Why on Earth would you change to a dry kit? :shrug:

You have an NX kit, arguably the best wet kit on the market. Depending on your mods, you can probably just throw your wet kit on there without changin' a thing(not even the tune as long as you're not runnin' like 23+ degrees timing...I run 21). If ya go dry then you're gonna be back(retard) towards 16-18 degrees or so which will lessen the performance of your car off the spray as well as getting several other REQUIRED mods.

IMO it's more cost effective, safer and ya get better results with a wet. As you can see I have many mods with a 150 shot/wet NX and I just kill fools...even the KB's. I've done my homework on this motor(SC + N20) and have corresponded with many users on this board and on my own. Throw that kit on, go to your tuner and get dyno'd just to make sure everythings cool and have fun. I would get a BAP just because. It will supply all the additional fuel you'll need as long as your injectors can handle your current non-N20 hp. If your under 500 hp then all you gotta worry about is timing....THAT's IT......oh and new tires.

Hope this helps :beer:

ps....what are your current mods?

davidsk5018

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Why on Earth would you change to a dry kit? :shrug:

You have an NX kit, arguably the best wet kit on the market. Depending on your mods, you can probably just throw your wet kit on there without changin' a thing(not even the tune as long as you're not runnin' like 23+ degrees timing...I run 21). If ya go dry then you're gonna be back(retard) towards 16-18 degrees or so which will lessen the performance of your car off the spray as well as getting several other REQUIRED mods.

IMO it's more cost effective, safer and ya get better results with a wet. As you can see I have many mods with a 150 shot/wet NX and I just kill fools...even the KB's. I've done my homework on this motor(SC + N20) and have corresponded with many users on this board and on my own. Throw that kit on, go to your tuner and get dyno'd just to make sure everythings cool and have fun. I would get a BAP just because. It will supply all the additional fuel you'll need as long as your injectors can handle your current non-N20 hp. If your under 500 hp then all you gotta worry about is timing....THAT's IT......oh and new tires.

Hope this helps :beer:

ps....what are your current mods?

What he said.... :thumbsup:

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
First off I've had experience with nitrous systems for close to ten years now. I know some of my statements may possibly end up highly debated; but this is my honest opinion and comes from my experience. Starting off I will say I voted to sell the wet kit and invest in a dry kit. I'll start off by talking about the "dry" systems. Basically a dry system incorporates a nitrous solenoid feeding the nitrous to a nozzle normally located somewhere AFTER the mass air meter on a fuel injected car. NEVER ever place nozzle before the mass air meter. Fuel is added via the existing fuel injectors. Typically most "dry" systems are only good up to aproximately 150 shot. At least to me a dry system feels as though it hits harder than a wet system as well.

Wet systems incorporate a nitrous solenoid and a fuel solenoid that mix nitrous and fuel together to be sent through a nozzle or plate etc. The catch though with a wet system is the fact that the upper intake on a fuel injected car was NOT designed to flow fuel or have fuel in it PERIOD. I have seen it time and time again with mustangs, ls1s and what not with a "wet" system on them and the nortorious "puddling" scenario happens. Sometimes with some cars having a plastic intake it ends up in 100 pieces. Other cars with a cast intake it backfires inside and numerous times I've seen cars catch fire when it backfired from "puddling" and caught the air filter on fire. But; wet systems can incorporate a fairly large shot, well above 150.

And regardless of what someone tells you including me; TUNE for the nitrous, do not assume the tune will be safe with a 50, 75 or 100 shot. I can tell you from experience the car more then likely would be fine with a 50 but still do not automatically assume it. If it was me I would keep the shot at 50-75.

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
has anyone noticed that this thread was started almos exactly one year ago? my car has had many changes since i started the thread. the wet kit has been sold for at least 6 months and i bought and installed a dry kit a couple of months ago.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
it all depends on the shot size. if u want a 60 shot or below go with dry. but if u want a bigger shot such as a 75-150 then go wet.

RixSikcobra04

wiz said:
has anyone noticed that this thread was started almos exactly one year ago? my car has had many changes since i started the thread. the wet kit has been sold for at least 6 months and i bought and installed a dry kit a couple of months ago.

:uh oh: oops

Oh well, we'll talk about it anyways. Hope your car turned out!

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
oh it did!
im glad were getting some good feedback now for others though.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
wiz said:

Conside it an experienced thread being a year old LOL

Hey wiz, where did you plumb in the nozzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread