Wet track pics from Sonoma Raceway 3-13-16

101blur

Established Member
Went to my first track event for 2016 at Sonoma Raceway unfortunately the weather didn't help out still had a blast was pretty sketchy driving in such heavy rain.
hope you enjoy.:)
IMG_4453_zpslkqgcpkn.jpg

IMG_4519_zpspyuh96tx.jpg

IMG_6398_zps8n5ib1mg.jpg

101blur

Established Member
Track looks empty!! If only it was dry, what other cars showed up?

yea lots of people decide to no show due to weather. still around 20 cars track at a time but everyone spaced out pretty good. most common s2000, M3's and miata's,
did see couple gt2's and a viper ACR my brother came in his hellcat charger and his buddy with a new srt8 challenger
bros_hellcat3-13-16_zpsu3j5svfi.jpg

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Bummer?!? Driving on a wet track like that is some of the best car control exercises you can do...especially when everyone else bails and you've got a clear track to play with. I wish we had more days with rain (minus not having side windows)

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Blur, it looks like you went down to a lower wheel size... or is it just my eyes?

Just noticed your wilwood setup, nice.

101blur

Established Member
Bummer?!? Driving on a wet track like that is some of the best car control exercises you can do...especially when everyone else bails and you've got a clear track to play with. I wish we had more days with rain (minus not having side windows)

This is true but personally if I had to do it I would run a set of street tires and probably run faster times. Yes the windows down sucks in the rain car was total mess after track day but hey got to pay to play.

101blur

Established Member
Blur, it looks like you went down to a lower wheel size... or is it just my eyes?

Just noticed your wilwood setup, nice.

Yup running new track wheel tire setup now. These are 18" forgestar f14's fronts are 11" and rears are 12"
running a 25" tall tire toyo R888 295/30/18 fronts and 315/30/18 rear
Was able to drop over 50lbs of rotating mass and the car feel crazy planted. I still have my 20" Aristo for the show's :coolman:
Plus the complete wilwood setup was able to drop another 14lbs off the nose of the car the rears came out to 6lbs heavier then the stock setup.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yup running new track wheel tire setup now. These are 18" forgestar f14's fronts are 11" and rears are 12"
running a 25" tall tire toyo R888 295/30/18 fronts and 315/30/18 rear
Was able to drop over 50lbs of rotating mass and the car feel crazy planted. I still have my 20" Aristo for the show's :coolman:
Plus the complete wilwood setup was able to drop another 14lbs off the nose of the car the rears came out to 6lbs heavier then the stock setup.
NO SHIT BRAH!!!! :beer:

I told you man, dropping wheel size will save you functional weight, I've been to sonoma a lot too, but admittedly not taking my car. What I noticed with most of the mustang s197 cars was they were running smaller wheels, even a couple of '12 Boss 302 running enkei pf01.

Take them there when its sunny and let us know your times!

101blur

Established Member
NO SHIT BRAH!!!! :beer:

I told you man, dropping wheel size will save you functional weight, I've been to sonoma a lot too, but admittedly not taking my car. What I noticed with most of the mustang s197 cars was they were running smaller wheels, even a couple of '12 Boss 302 running enkei pf01.

Take them there when its sunny and let us know your times!

For sure bud will do I should be back in may at Sonoma will be at Button Willow this weekend should be a great weather.

Users who are viewing this thread