What aftermarket front 03/04 cobra bumper did you buy?

Jefe

Established Member
No problems getting it painted and installed. Looks great on the car. Amazing we can buy bumpers this cheaply!

20121023_142248.jpg

20121023_142255.jpg

20121023_142302.jpg

Poolman

Established Member
No problems getting it painted and installed. Looks great on the car. Amazing we can buy bumpers this cheaply!

Great info, I need a replacement cover. Nice car, I have always been partial to yellow. :)

Thanks man saved me a bunch of time on the bumper cover search.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
I just picked one up off rockauto.com. Will post pics when it arrives and let y'all know how I like it compared to the OEM one I had

StannggerrEd

Established Member
Has anybody put a cobra r bumper cover on their car? I bought mine with it on. Kinda would rather a stock bumper but its starting to grow on me.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member

I just picked one up off rockauto.com. Will post pics when it arrives and let y'all know how I like it compared to the OEM one I had

Did you guys receive or need an install hardware kit for the bumper for proper installation? Or can a body shop make due with what they have? BTW Jefe, the price was changed. :( At least it wasn't much though.

Jefe

Established Member
Did you guys receive or need an install hardware kit for the bumper for proper installation? Or can a body shop make due with what they have? BTW Jefe, the price was changed. :( At least it wasn't much though.
Just use the hardware from the stock bumper. Fairly common nuts/bolts and plastic push pins if you dont have them. Body shop should have that stuff no problem

Still seeing them at $165-240

Ford Mustang 03 04 Front Bumper Cover Cobra Prime | eBay

Bumper Cover Front Primed ''Cobra'' 99 04 Ford Mustang | eBay

Replacement Bumper Cover Fits 03 04 Ford Mustang Cobra | eBay

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Just use the hardware from the stock bumper. Fairly common nuts/bolts and plastic push pins if you dont have them. Body shop should have that stuff no problem

Still seeing them at $165-240

Ford Mustang 03 04 Front Bumper Cover Cobra Prime | eBay

Bumper Cover Front Primed ''Cobra'' 99 04 Ford Mustang | eBay

Replacement Bumper Cover Fits 03 04 Ford Mustang Cobra | eBay

Awesome thanks! Do you think it's better having it come primed or have the body shop do it? Yours came primed right?

Jefe

Established Member
Ya buy it primed. Body shop just needs to prep/paint it

milleniumgt

Established Member
Guess I'm going to add to this thread... Just had an offroad adventure 2 days ago trying to avoid a deer. Exterior wise... didn't hurt it all as far as the paint. But it ripped the driver's side of the bumper off of the little black bracket that it's attached to the fender with. Will try to let you guys know shortly what I decide to do!

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I got mine from Certifit in North Charlotte for 113 bucks.

Fit is perfect and it came with new hardware.

certifit.com

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
I need to get one also stupid tow truck driver bottomed my car out years ago and broke one of the side clips off.. I stays in mostly but sometimes it pops out some, drives me nuts! I'm very close to ordering one though and having my body guy replace mine, and fix a dent that's in my fender as well from some assh*le in a parking lot at my old shop. I gotta get an estimate first though.

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
yeah im raising this from the dead..

I am picking up a mach 1 shortly and I am just curious as to what I need to do this swap. From what I can tell all I need is

The bumper cover

The left hand fog bezel

The right hand fog bezel

Both fog lights

And the pigtails for the fogs

Hardware kit

Or the ford kit 3r3z-17c56-cacp

Now other than paint...

What else do I need? DO I need any other kind of brackets or anything special? Id assume the radiator panel LRS sells with the kit is not needed since this is a Mach 1 it is going on....so is there anything else I need??

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Check certifit.com
Fractional costs... Front cover 139 etc.

Parts are perfect and local pick up only unless they have a new shipping service I am not aware of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread