What all do i need for a kenne bell 1.5??

bluebullitt256

Established Member
so im lookin to buy a used kb 1.5 for my car. I looked for a parts list on kb's website but couldnt find anything. Im basically just asking what all comes with the kb kit besides fuel system?? I just dont want to buy a used kit that is missing some parts that are hard to find or really expensive to buy seperate or somethin.

Couple more questions:

What water/meth kit do you guys reccomend for the 1.5 @ 9lbs
Can anyone link me the writeup for relocating the iat i cant seem to find it
Is there anything particular you guys recommend i do or buy with the kit?

If anyone on here is wanting to sell there 1.5 i would definatley be interested in buying it. Thanks for the help guys!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I would look at the instruction manual to see what you need exactly before buying. The most important parts are the open house manifold, idler pulley, throttle cable, throttle cable bracket, miscs bolts and the s/c itself. The bap and fan switch are optional. I would go with a hi volume in tank fuel pump over the bap and 42# injectors over the fmu. I was going to sell my 1.5 kb but change my mine after purchasing a 98 cobra with a procharger...I like the instant boost on the kb. Here's a link on how to relocate the iat courtesy of MWOLSON.

http://www.classictiger.com/mustang/

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
i have a 2.1 l kb for sale with all of the parts that come with it except the BAP and chip- plus I already had the manifold machined for the iat relocation.

Last edited:

bluebullitt256

Established Member
^well damn...still though i can piece together a used vortech kit for that or less...i though a kb was gonna be cheaper than a non intercooled vortech but maybe not.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
nahh the vortech is prob cheaper but only fun 3.5k and up...the kb is fun allll the time!!! idk the throttle cable is 140 bucks from KB just so u no..and the iler pulley is 50 from them and the 255lph pump is 100 on ebay for a walbro and yea the injectors and the lower intake and uper whihc has the kb on it obv..and you need imrc deletes

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
nahh the vortech is prob cheaper but only fun 3.5k and up...the kb is fun allll the time!!! idk the throttle cable is 140 bucks from KB just so u no..and the iler pulley is 50 from them and the 255lph pump is 100 on ebay for a walbro and yea the injectors and the lower intake and uper whihc has the kb on it obv..and you need imrc deletes

Your right, my car sucks below 3.5k :rollseyes..

Users who are viewing this thread