What are best springs for launching on SRA?

BlownAway03

Established Member
I want to know if something is flawed in my current setup. The last time I went to the track the car just didn't seem to hook as good as I thought it would. I was on 315 BFG drag radials. I have cut 1.6 60fts on this setup but it seems to lose traction alot when I shift into second and it has also wheel hopped on me before. I've never been on slicks or any of the stickier drag radials which I know is contributing to my problems. I was just wondering would I be better off with stock gt springs or any other parts I may need to change or add. I currently have the following:
8.8 rear from a Bullitt
3.73 gears
MM lower control arms with spherical bearings
UPR upper control arms with sperical bearings
Eibach drag launch springs in rear with stock 03 cobra springs in front
Strange 10-way adjustable shocks in rear with stock struts in front

Jroc

Established Member
I don't DR so don't take this as gospel, but aren't v6 Mustangs springs suppose to be good for launching?

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
what about the front set up??? that might help alil more ass end squat by allowing the front to travel higher. I was wanting to do the 10 way adjustables for the front and back.. those stranges are a good deal for them.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I would lower it with a good front spring, and get a lower drag spring. Also maybe try adjusting the rebound on the rear shocks so it wont come up as quick. Ive heard fox springs, stock or cut mach springs hr races suppose to sit a bit high. I have eibach sportlines but with shitto's and also couldnt launch for nothing the last time out. Of course the crappy track prep didnt help. I would love to hear from people who have experimented with each spring.

Oh btw i have drag bags, with those you can adjust how much or how less you want the car to squat on either side by just adjusting air pressure. Not a bad deal for 75 bucks. I havent had time to test my setup i didnt go to the track much this year. Then again maybe we need a real tire......:rockon::burnout:

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
What are your shocks set at? I used Mach 1 rear springs, lakewood 50/50 shocks btw

The last time I went out I had the shocks set at 5 and it hopped. I set them at 4 and seemed to definitely have better results. I think the stock front struts might be my main issue. Does anyone know if the strange struts are any good?

Users who are viewing this thread