what are some good ps2 games?

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i don't "game", but gramma is getting my 10 year old a ps 2 for christmas and i was wondering what some good games would be for his age. he likes driving and shooting games for sure. any suggestions that i could research would be appreciated. thanks.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
My kids really like Crash Bandicoot, and +1 on the Grand turismo

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Gran Turismo 4 is great... the Legacy of Kain series (Blood Omen and Soul Reaver) is good... If you ever play coop with friends, the Baldur's Gate games are fun.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
keep 'em comming guys. remember, this is for a ten year old. my wife totally nixed "black".

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I should buy more PS2 games, but I just don't take a lot of time to play the games I have. Of course, like many, I buy mine used now. Lots cheaper. My favorite games are Conflict: Desert Storm 1 & 2. For some reason, I just gravitate to both and play them rather often. Those two "war" games are good. Not a lot of gore and no profanity, but they have about 14 missions on each game. Another good game series is Splinter Cell, although there is some language on them.

The driving games are pretty good, but I've never invested in a steering wheel system and trying to play them with the joystick is rather difficult, especially fluid throttle and braking controls.

Sports games are always fun occasionally and I've even bought the Spider-Man games...but rarely play them anymore. The PS2 is good for offering an endless supply of games to be played.

203Cree

Established Member
Socom Combined Assualt. It's online too, so there's all kinds of ways he can veg out. I spend probably 8hrs a week playing that game, lol.

bam

Established Member
Battlefront is awesome. I don't know about Black or the SOCOMs for a 10 year old. Burnout Revenge would be good.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
thanks for all the replies guys. going out to fight the shopping hoards today.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
well, i know its not really for a 10yr old but he may have fun doing the stealth on Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3. Gran turismo 4 for sure. I would say God Of War but that game is highly gruesome (sp). PM me if you would like. I have some PS2 games at my apartment that I do not play anymore and ill see what I have and ill sell them to you very cheap

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
when i was teaching middle school, i used to take my PS2 in on special days. the kids LOVED playing Agent Under Fire in multi-player mode. the next bond game (cant recall the title) allowed you to add in AI players in the multi-player mode. Rainbox Six games are great, and are good guy oriented. Battlefront is a great game, though im not sure i liked II better. star wars legos is fun. the tony hawk games are great too! and of course, GT series are a given. he might like the Need 4 Speed games or Midnight Club better because theyre more arcade like and a LOT less technical. i can imagine GT would be a bit difficult if you dont know wtf youre doing.

Users who are viewing this thread