What are some nice looking REALLY LIGHT 17x9 and 17x10.5 wheels?

Frankiebonez

Established Member
I'm on the search for a new set of wheels. My Chrome knock offs are just to damn heavy. I want the same size wheels just something lighter, preferably lighter than the stock wheels. Anyone recommend something good?

Frankiebonez

Established Member
Those definetly look like they would work!!! How much do they cost? And are they lighter than the stock wheels? I'm concerned about weight, they have to be light and look nice.

KILRSVT

Established Member
bbs makes pretty light wheels as well some of their designs are real nice. however its 500 -700 + a wheel.

cobraracer46

Banned
3287425087_5b07c3e0b8_b.jpg

FIKSE USA - aluminum rims, chroma, classic, profil, Porsche wheels, race wheels, light alloy wheels, light alloy rims, aluminum wheels, FISKE, 3-D view, forged modular, multi-piece, multiple pieces, rim protector, forging technology, forged rims

20psirabbit

Established Member
yeah you definitely have a few options to save weight, be prepared to spend some money though.
if you want some cheap wheels that are light for a track wheel hoever, you can get some enkei rpf1 for cheap and i think the rears are 17 or 19 lbs. something like that.

Frankiebonez

Established Member
Haha! I was actually looking at those Enkeis... I was thinking get those wheels, and take them to the local powder coating place and get them powder coated gloss black and rock them like that. I can get the wheels powder coated for like 300 bucks, on top of the cost of the wheels. All said and done like 1400$ I'd have light as hell wheels. 15lbs on the front and 16lbs on the back, and they would look alright for the streets.

20psirabbit

Established Member
Haha! I was actually looking at those Enkeis... I was thinking get those wheels, and take them to the local powder coating place and get them powder coated gloss black and rock them like that. I can get the wheels powder coated for like 300 bucks, on top of the cost of the wheels. All said and done like 1400$ I'd have light as hell wheels. 15lbs on the front and 16lbs on the back, and they would look alright for the streets.

yeah, for sure... i thought about getting a set but wasn't sure how they'd look on my sonic blue vert :shrug: i may pick some up in the future as a second set of wheels for the track/autocross/etc. and then just rock my chromes otherwise. if you get them post pics! one guy on here got them and posted pics, but i think he bought 9s the whole way around and the pics weren't that great, so it was hard to tell if they looked good or not.

68gtscode

Established Member
I have an extremely light set of 17X9.5/11 Forgeline RS wheels for sale... They were over $2K new, and are probably about the lightest wheels in this size you're going to find. Let me know if you're interested.

Matt

[ame]http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134588[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread